Single Parents

Looks like I'm joining you...

Despite my feelings, I'm filing for divorce this week. I love my husband, but he is so emotionally abusive I can't put up with it anymore. I want nothing more than a family for my son, but I think he would be better off this way. I'm a FTM and so scared of whats to come...I really don't want my son to hate me for this...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Looks like I'm joining you...

• I'm a FTM and 4 months pregnant.... I just broke up with my boyfriend a few days ago. I am scared out of my mind and want nothing more than to make this work but I know that what I am doing is best for my daughter. Just keep your LO in mind when you're questioning yourself, you're a strong woman and you have your child's best interest at heart.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you. Same goes for you. Not easy walking away, but I know things will get better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi and welcome!  I was in the SAME situation as you.  I waited until my son was almost 11 months to leave for good.  My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner and that I put up with so many more months of emotional and verbal abuse, and beginning physical abuse.  Get a good lawyer and a good therapist...they are worth their weight in gold.  The hardest thing to realize was that my STBXH wouldn't change...in his mind, if he didn't hit me outright or scream in my face and say terrible things every day, then it wasn't abuse. It isn't easy, but it does get better. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm also a FTM and DS is 3 months old. His father and I separated when he was only a month old. You can do this. You will be amazed of the strength you can get from your LO
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"