August 2011 Moms
Options

#1 thing SO does that "grinds your gears"

I felt the Family Guy pharse was perfect for this. Stick out tongue

For me lately it's been DH getting distracted by the tv. It doesn't matter what's on (disney channel, news, commercial, etc.) he will sit/stand there for 10 minutes. It pisses me off the most when we're trying to go somewhere and I want to get there before its time to feed DS again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: #1 thing SO does that "grinds your gears"

• Options

ooh! I'll play! I love my DH very, very much...but my biggest pet peeve of his, especially since DD has been here is hitting the snooze button. She usually gets up around 4 or 5 for a feeding, and DH tends to get up around 5 a.m., sometimes later for work. Well the SOB, hits the snooze button like 30 times before he wakes up. It's annoying because every time the alarm goes off the dog gets excited because she thinks she's going to eat her breakfast, which wakes DD up when I've been trying so hard to get her to sleep. And if she is already asleep, and I'm trying to go back to sleep I don't get to because I'm being woken back up every 10 minutes by the stinkin alarm! 

Luckily we had a firm talking and I think he gets my point :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm right there with you Destin!

I finally get DS to sleep and DH's alarm clock goes off every morning about 4:45a, waking the dogs up and DS. He always jumps in the shower but forgets to turn off the alarm snooze, so it just keeps going off and off, unless I get up, find wherever he placed his phone (his alarm clock) and turn it off myself. For one, I just got myself back to sleep, I don't want to get up again to find your ringing phone. Second, it wakes DS up every single time. I understand that he has to get up for work but if you are up, turn off the damn snooze or take the phone onto the bathroom with you while you shower.
    I love him but it definitely gets to me every morning! He has since tried to remember to turn it off :)
    imageimage

BFP #1 EDD 08/07/11 DS born 07/27/11 Welcome Mr. Smiley!
    BFP #2 05/28/12 EDD 02/03/13 Natural M/C 07/14/12 10w6d
    BFP #3 10/02/12 EDD 06/11/13 Please stick baby! Stick!

Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ha, make that 3! DH walked into the bedroom after his shower to me pressing every damn button on the alarm clock bc in my tired state, I couldn't find the off button...men and their alarms ;) My pet peeve- Hubby has NO clue how to shop for produce. He always is helpful & does everything I ask, but this I've learned he has a mental block with & doesn't understand the finer points of grocery shopping. Avocados need to be ripe. How do you purchase one that is perfect & another that is no where near being ripe?? Or why buy overly ripe nectarines? Soft tomatoes? Bright green bananas that can't be eaten for days? I've explained what goes into purchasing produce, but he still has no clue. I give up...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Mine is probably TMI, but it's my gear-grinder..

how can you come home & need to take a 30-45 minute bathroom break!? Every day before you leave you're in there forever, and every night when you come home, you're in there forever. I understand that it's personal business that must be tended to, but there is NO WAY it actually takes that long to go. He takes his laptop or a magazine in & just enjoys the peace & quiet... well.. while you've been at work all day I've barely had time to sit down, let alone on the toilet. in fact, I usually have to leave the door open & coo at DD while she shouts while I try to go. So, please DH, Get out of there, come hold the baby, and let ME sh!t shave & shower in peace! LOL!

• Options
    imagedsouth92:

I felt the Family Guy pharse was perfect for this. Stick out tongue

For me lately it's been DH getting distracted by the tv. It doesn't matter what's on (disney channel, news, commercial, etc.) he will sit/stand there for 10 minutes. It pisses me off the most when we're trying to go somewhere and I want to get there before its time to feed DS again.

My SO does this...what is so damn interesting?! It can be ANYTHING and he will totally zone out! 

• Options
    imageshockleyh:

how can you come home & need to take a 30-45 minute bathroom break!? Every day before you leave you're in there forever, and every night when you come home, you're in there forever. I understand that it's personal business that must be tended to, but there is NO WAY it actually takes that long to go. He takes his laptop or a magazine in & just enjoys the peace & quiet... well.. while you've been at work all day I've barely had time to sit down, let alone on the toilet. in fact, I usually have to leave the door open & coo at DD while she shouts while I try to go. So, please DH, Get out of there, come hold the baby, and let ME sh!t shave & shower in peace! LOL!

DH does this too!!! He takes his iPhone and goes and hibernates in the bathroom for almost an hour. DD will be screaming as I am trying to feed and changer her. I will be like, Hey! Can you start the bottle or grab me a diaper? He will say yeah sure, lemme just use the bathroom first. An hour later, baby is taken care of, and hes like OH you have it under control. 

image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine is an on going issues, it has been happening the 4 almost 5 years we have been married. He will take his pants, socks, etc off when he gets home from work and leave them where ever they land (i.e: My living room floor, the dining room table, infront of the stairs, etc.) and leave them there for days unless I pick them up.
    The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • Options

All of the above, lol!! DH does most of these things as well, but what really "grinds my gears" is when my wonderful DH tells me that he is getting ready to leave the office and then doesn't actually leave for an hour or more--and doesn't bother calling me to say he's going to be longer than expected. He completely loses track of time (something he doesn't have a good sense of to begin with). You'd think that after all of the arguments this has caused, he'd get a clue--but no such luck! 

• Options
    I love DH tons and tons and he helps to do the laundry, but He fails to find the laundry basket everytime he changes.  His clothes always end up on the floor, right NEXT to the basket and stay there until I pick them up or its time to do the laundry.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagenewbmom347:

All of the above, lol!! DH does most of these things as well, but what really "grinds my gears" is when my wonderful DH tells me that he is getting ready to leave the office and then doesn't actually leave for an hour or more--and doesn't bother calling me to say he's going to be longer than expected. He completely loses track of time (something he doesn't have a good sense of to begin with). You'd think that after all of the arguments this has caused, he'd get a clue--but no such luck! 

Mine does this all the time, too. It's happened so often that I've told him not to call me until he's at least five miles away from work on his way home. I refuse to believe anything else.
  • Options
    He is so slow.  I am pretty sure he has always been like this but when you have a crying baby I guess I see it more now.  I feel like all I do is wait on him.  Get your ass up and get the bath stuff ready NOW not in 10-15 mins. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options
    imageshockleyh:

LMAO this too!  What the h*ll do they do in there?  I asked SO the other day he said well I play games on my phone and stuff.  REALLY?!?  I feel ya drives me nuts too.  If you have to take 30 mins to sh*t you may need to go see a doc!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imageshockleyh:

LMAO this too!  What the h*ll do they do in there?  I asked SO the other day he said well I play games on my phone and stuff.  REALLY?!?  I feel ya drives me nuts too.  If you have to take 30 mins to sh*t you may need to go see a doc!! 

• Options

imageMandiNewMommy:
    My brother did this when I lived with my parents. I'm so glad I don't deal with that anymore!

• Options
    I moved the laundry bin to his side of the bed because he kept leaving his dirty clothes on the floor. Guess where I found his dirty underwear this morning. On the floor. About 3 feet away from the basket.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"