May 2012 Moms

Belly Band Question

I'm thinking I might need to buy a belly band (BE Band...Bella Band...etc).  I'm not quite ready for maternity pants and I'm trying to keep things a secret at work anyway, need to be discrete!  So I thought a belly band might be able to get me through another couple weeks in the pants I already own.  What are your thoughts on the belly bands?  Anyone have them yet, or used them in the past?  Do they work?  Is it obvious you're wearing them?  And any brand recommendations?  Thanks in advance for any input!! :)
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Belly Band Question

• I'm right at this stage and was wondering about the bands too, so will watching for any responses! Hopefully they work well. Smile
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I bought the beband from target and you can't tell I'm wearing it. It is kind of annoying to have to re-roll it after going to the bathroom though
    Team Blue! BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • They're great! I got the tummy sleeve from Motherhood Maternity and they're PERFECT for use with dress pants. I don't think they perfectly smooth over thick jeans buttons, but at least they hold them up in place comfortably, and they basically just look like a layering tank under a regular top. :) Hope this helps!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • The only disadvantage of them is that you can't really wear fitted shirts because even with the band you can sort of see that your pants are undone. Personally, even though the maternity pants are a bit big, I find them more comfortable and they smooth things out. I wear my Bella band mainly with higher waisted pants.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • A lot of people love them, but they didn't work for me, I bought two of the bebands from target and every time I have tried to wear one it rolls up on me and I end up with this tight roll of elastic fabric around my tummy. I do/did have a small waist and larger butt/hips . . . maybe that was why . . . not sure. Also, I did buy the correct size, so that wasn't the issue.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I loved the BeBand at first. I hated that I had to kept fixing it, but it got the job done. Eventually it just got a little too tight to where I'm in maternity pants now, and I'm finding that to be a lot more comfortable.
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • Also....to make the band work best without ridng up as much, put it on, then your pants, then fold over the top of your pants. Works better with dress pants then jeans.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I prefer using mine with dress pants; I don't like how it looks or feels with jeans.  I do love it, though!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagetnywndy:
    Also....to make the band work best without ridng up as much, put it on, then your pants, then fold over the top of your pants.

Exactly what I was going to say.  I haven't had to use on yet, but that's the advice that I've heard from others.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've used with all my high waisted jeans and actually have one on now. I need to get maternity pants this weekend though as it doesn't work with any of the low rise jeans.  And I can't even zipper my high waisted.  I got it for pretty cheap on sale at Macy's its a motherhood maternity one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got the tummy sleeve from motherhood and it is perfect for days when I am so bloated my pants are not gonna button comfortably. I am wearing it today and it just looks like a tank under my shirt. No one notices and it works great.
  • I love it, personally. I have two from Ingrid&Isabel and they work great. As others have said, you do have to adjust it sometimes (especially if you stand up after sitting for awhile), but its worth it to me to be able to stay in my normal pants for as long as possible. I tried on maternity pants and they made my butt look weird.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I bought the bella band, but honestly, I don't like it.  The extra pressure on my stomach is uncomfortable and makes me feel even more nauseous.  I'm hanging onto it though, hoping I can use it in the second trimester.

For now, I'm just doing the rubber band trick.  But I've been wearing a lot of leggings and dresses, because I just can't stand any pressure on my stomach. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have two bella bands from my 1st pregnancy. I loved them. I wore them for many weeks before having to wear maternity pants. And I even wore the bella band with my maternity pants to keep them from falling down, when they were too big on me. I really haven't started using them with this pregnancy, but I plan to do so.
    I got mine from Ingrid&Isabel.
  • I got a hand-me-down one from Pea in the Pod and its definitely a good quality one. I don't have any issues with it rolling up or moving around and it definitely helps "smooth things out" when my tummy is sticking out a little beyond my pants or I need to conceal unbuttoned pants. I don't wear it everyday but I would definitely recommend it for those days when you definitely need your pants undone!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBelizelovers:
    I bought the beband from target and you can't tell I'm wearing it. It is kind of annoying to have to re-roll it after going to the bathroom though

This. I have one pair of pants that I can actually still button. Otherwise, I use this and it'll get me through until I need maternity pants.

Change everything. Love & Forgive.

BFP 9/22/10, mc confirmed 10/31/10
    4 month break from TTC
    BFP #2 3/17/11, CP confirmed 3/22/10
    BFP #3 9/7/11 Stick, baby, stick!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"