Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

scheduling/finding "you" time and couples time?

how do you do it? I am craving some alone time/time to do things just for me. not a lot of time. maybe just an hour here and there! I feel like DH's life isn't all that different and he does a lot of the stuff he always used to do, but yet my life is completely different! also I feel like we could benefit from a date night here and there! I just forget all the time about making myself some time. I am thinking about making it a habit of going to a certain yoga class once a week, etc. and a date night once a month? Any ideas? thanks! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: scheduling/finding "you" time and couples time?

• Options

DS goes to DC on Thursdays from 12-5 so I can have some "me" time. Date nights are hard to come by, but we fit them in when we can. After DS goes to bed, it's coupes time. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

My "me" time is when i am at work. If you are a SAHM then i would suggest what PP said and try DC. My job is laid back therefore i can mingle a bit, check up on emails etc. That seems to be enough since at the end of the day all i want to do is go home and be with my boys. When i was on ML i did have DH stay home with the boys and i would go out with my friends once a month.

I do find it hard to have date nights. I feel guilty leaving both boys. Sorry no advice there.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can you have your H watch LO for an hour or so on the weekend, so you can go have some you time?  We've had our parents babysit a couple of times, so we could go out to dinner just the 2 of us.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

one of my BFFs also has a kiddo, and we trade babysitting.  One month she'll come to my house while DH and I go on a date, and the next month I go to hers.  We put DS to bed, and off to dinner we go! 

Both sets of our parents are out of town, but when they are here, they encourage us to go on dates too.  DH is also really good about letting me go out w/ my girlfriends every so often too.  

Baby Boy Born 3.15.11. 8lb 9oz, 21.75in. 6 month stats: 20lb 11oz (92%tile), 30.12in.(100%tile - who knew it went over 99th? Which means 100% of other 6 month olds are shorter than mine!)
  • Options
    Ds has never had a babysitter, but my dh watches him sometimes while I go out to dinner with the girls, get my hair cut, etc. Just a few hours break works for me, and I feel safe knowing dad is there. I usually leave while ds is sleeping, so he never knows the difference. Surprise Date night for us is watching shows on DVD from Netflix with dinner or dessert after ds goes to sleep. This works for us because he is out by 6:45 every night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"