3rd Trimester
Options

for those of you who have done the labor thing before...

...how did labor day start for you?

I know it's different for everyone, just wondering if you felt fine like nothing was going to happen when your day started or if you could feel something coming. Whether you were completly shocked when the contractions started or your water broke or you could def. tell it something was up.

I'm just getting anxious...and it doesn't help that the bump rereouted me to the 0-3 month board today!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: for those of you who have done the labor thing before...

• Options
    I slept the entire day and then contractions started around 7 pm that night. Pretty unexpected except that I was 39 wks pregnant
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I felt totally fine to start the day.  I was having what I assumed were strong BH from mid-day thru dinner and by bedtime I was in more pain.  By 3 a.m. I was making wounded animal noises trying to cope with the pain and we were on our way to the hospital.  I arrived and was 4 cm but labored for 36 hours all together.  So it was very gradual at first and eventually I just knew it was the real deal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it started while I was sleeping because I woke up at around 4 or 5 am, lost my plug, and started some contractions.
  • Options
    at 37w2d i decided to talk a walk. 5 minutes into my walk i felt a funny pressure/sharpness in my vaginal area so i decided to turn around. a couple houses away from my house my water broke. idk if it was coincidence or what but i did feel different before it happened. he was born 3 hours later.

• Options
    Well, we had sex the night before. And I had my first contractions after that (I hadn't had any BH, though I was about 5 days past my EDD.). Each time I woke up that night to pee, I felt more cramping/contractions.

When I woke up I had more cramping. And when I used the bathroom, there was my MP. I then continued to have bloody show. And so I knew that that would be the day. The cramping/contractions slowly intensified throughout the day. (I ran errands and stuff that morning with no issues.) J. was born around 11 pm that night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

with my DD my contractions started out mild and took from about 4 am to 6 to get intense enough for me to think that it was real (I had been having timeable contractions that would just go away after a few hours) but from when they got intense to transition was quick. I lost MP and my water broke when I was already at the hospital.

• Options

The day before my due date with DS2, I woke up with some brown streaked discharge and losing my MP.  That whole day I had constant BH, they were coming about 7-10 min apart all day, but they didn't hurt.  Around 10pm that night, they started to hurt and became more consistently timeable.  I remember just knowing this was it, going down and telling H (who was glued to Monday night football) that the baby was coming soon.  We went to the hospital at 6am the next day, he was born a little before 4pm that afternoon.  GL!!!

• Options
    With my first I just felt crampy all day .. but no more than I had been for weeks prior. Just period type cramps that lingered all day and didn't really go away. They weren't enough to make me think early labour though .. I actually walked the mall with DH, went out for dinner and then went home and watched a movie feeling pretty normal aside from mild cramping. I went to bed around 10pm and woke up at midnight and noticed the cramps had gotten stronger .. enough to wake me up. From that point on they just got more painful and I knew I was in labour.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My water broke the night I was 40 weeks along.  It was a slow trickle though and I thought I just peed myself a couple of times.  At my appointment the next day I was told to go to labor and delivery that evening.  I had to be induced from there because labor did not start on its own.
  • Options

August 21st, 1996.... watching TV at 8:30 pm, and my water broke. No contractions for an hour or so, or until I was in the hospital. lol Jordan was born on the 22nd, and my due date was the 26th. 

Allll back labour. Never felt a contraction in my belly before. Needless to say, not looking forward to labour this time around.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Options
    I felt completely normal in the days before I went into labor.  I woke up with contractions two days before my due date and DS was born 6.5 hours later.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• Options

I had ZERO warning. I felt 100% normal. My water broke at 3am, and an hour later contractions started. Within an hour after that they went from being, "Oh, that's different from a BH" to "Holy Hell get me to the hospital!"

ETA: I was 37w4d

• Options
    I was 35 weeks pregnant.  I woke up at 5 in the morning feeling weird (it wasn't painful, I just did not feel right).  I forced myself to go back to sleep and woke a couple of hours later still feeling the same way so DH and I went into L&D to see what was wrong.  Turns out I was in labor.  L&D let me go home but told me I would be back in later that day to deliver DD and I did.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I delivered by DD 2 days early - my contrax started at like 6pm (about 30 hours before I gave birth) - pretty mild at first but got pretty strong and consistent at about 2am.  We went to the hospital at 3am...and I had her the following morning at 10:21am.  I wouldn't dilate past 3 cm (and my dr wouldn't give me an epi until I was 4 cm) - so I was in HARD CORE LABOR for 30 (+) hours.....it was rough but all worth it in the end...I'm starting to think about labor and I'm not looking forward to it at all. But it's only a short period of time for a lifetime of happiness.
    imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Two weekends before my due date I went into a CRAZY nesting mode. I was on my hands & knees dusting my baseboards and finding all kinds of things to clean. I went to work that Monday, felt fine. Then Tues morning around 2-3am, I woke up with pains, went to our Lay Z boy in the living room until DH woke up. Tried to get ready to go to work, but DH insisted I call the doctor. DH went to work for half the day, pain continued, about 5 minutes apart, but I was still moving around the house just fine, did some wash. Went to the doctors, she checked me and I was 4cm. I was denile that I was actually going into labor LOL so I started to cry. I was 6 days early, due date March 17th, DS born March 11th at 8:01pm. Only pushed for 15 minutes :0)

Married July 2006

MC Feb 2009 8 weeks

MC Dec 2009 8 weeks

MC Oct 2013 8 weeks

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    With both, labor began pretty early in the morning.  For dd, I just started losing my mucus plug and having regular contractions.  With ds, I woke up, couldn't go back to sleep and was just surfing the internet and my water broke, then regular contractions.  I can say that on the day before for both of them I was almost overly tired. 
  • Options
    My water broke at 2 am at 42 weeks and 5 days.  Active contractions started 5 minutes later and I gave birth 40 hours after that.

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Options

With my first I was 41w4d.  I woke up like a normal day with my normal irritating BH contrax.  Went to doc to get my membranes stripped as a last ditch effort to avoid induction.  4 hours after that I was holding my baby.  Apparently I was already well on my way into labor.  :)

With my second the day before I was due I just felt great.  I had a great relaxing evening with DD#1 where we got to spend some awesome quality time together.  I felt better than I had in months.  I woke up at 4am with hard core contractions that put me on my hands and knees and were less than 3 minutes apart lasting at least a minute.  Had my baby 2.5 hours later. 

Mama to Lucy (7/06), Lexi (5/09), and Max (11/11) M/C 12/17/10
  • Options

I woke up in the morning around 6 or 7 with what felt like AF cramps. They increased throughout the morning and eventually I started having contractions. I slept most of the day because I knew that I would have a lot of work to do later :)

About 7 or 8 hours later, my contractions were a bit more regular and kept getting more intense. By 7 at night, I was in PAIN but the contractions weren't close enough to go to the hospital until 1 in the morning.

I had a friend who had bad contractions for almost 4 days! :(

• Options
    I felt fine.  I even worked on my due date!.  I did lose my mucus plug on my EDD but that was it.  3 days later, I started having contractions in the morning.  They were about 30 minutes apart all day, and not painful in the least bit.  About 15 hours later, they rapidly went from 10 mins apart...to 5 mins apart...to 3 mins apart...to us leaving for the hospital!  My OB broke my water b/c my BP was sky-rocketting and she wanted to speed things up to avoid a C-Section.
  • Options

The day before my due date, I woke up and got dressed to go a Christmas Party. Because I had gestational diabetes, I was doing regular Non-Stress Tests and since it was Christmas week my Dr. office was closed and they sent me to the hospital for the test. 

They hooked me up to the monitors at 2 PM and told me I was having regular contractions, so they wanted to give me some fluids and monitor me. After the fluids, my contractions did not slow down and since I was scheduled to be induced three days later (due to GD), they decided to go ahead and start the induction. By 4 PM I was on pitocin. From 4 PM until 2 AM, I labored on Pitocin and felt NOTHING. The monitor said I was having regular contractions, but I had no idea, at all.

By 2 AM, I was dilated to 4 cm and was starting to get a little uncomfortable, so I requested my epidural, which I got around 5:30 AM, but not before dilating from 4 to 10 without it (ouch!).  DS was born at 7:14 AM - 15 hours after they started the induction and only about 5 hours after I first felt a contraction. 

So, even though I've been through it before, I'm a little nervous about how I will go into labor this time, since it was so unconventional last time.  

Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Well I woke up on a Monday morning around 1:15am with my first contraction, and yes I was super surprised/caught off guard because it was 10 days before my due date, but for "labor days" sake, we'll say Sunday was labor day...

All day Sunday I was a pain in the butt for DH. I was soooo crabby, and snapping at him constantly. No food looked or sounded good and Sunday's were always our "big fancy" dinner nights. The only part of the day that made me feel particularly happy was it was the first nice day out in months (I was pregnant over winter) and I was able to dress in shorts with a long sleeve fitted shirt, which is totally my style, and I felt cute. However, my good mood ended quite abruptly when I went into a rant about "How nice! I finally feel like I look cute, and I am finally comfortable in clothes and I only have 11 days to go. Whoopi-dee-doo!" You know, one of those days. 

When I woke up with the contractions, DH said that apparently my hormones were raging the day before in preparation for the baby. So this time around, I'm keeping my mind open to the super crabby day that happens towards the end of the pregnancy and will be on edge waiting for something to happen! Lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"