Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

For those who've had their little ones sleep in the FP Rock 'n' Play

I've made all of these plans for a couple of sheet layers, waterproof pads, etc for the crib, but we're planning to have our little one sleep in our room for the first few weeks/months and I was just now thinking- what about pads, etc for that?  I know the slip cover is washable which I'm sure we'll do when needed, but for those who used this method with their little ones, did you put a water proof pad or something under them? 

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

Re: For those who've had their little ones sleep in the FP Rock 'n' Play

• Options
    I had receiving blankets folded up at the very bottom because at first it was too reclined, but I didn't use anything else. I never really thought about leaking. He was always wrapped up so I'm not sure if anything would have gotten through the layers. I never had an issue.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I never needed anything underneath him like that. Even if there was a diaper mishap, it would stay in his clothes and possibly get his swaddling blanket... but never had a problem with anything getting past that. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD transferred from newborn napper to RNP around 6 months.  I just wash the entire cover every other week.  Since she always has a sleeper and usually a sleep sack on we have never had an accident or a need for padding.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Wow....I never even gave this a thought. We plan on using the FPRNP for the first week or so too.

Now that you brought it up...maybe I'll put some of the Lap Pads under. But since PP don't see very concerned I don't know if we'll need them...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I never put a pad on top of the RnP. She slept in it for the first 6 months.  We had her swaddled, and later in the Sleepsack.   The cover is washable, and we got one stain on it once, and it came right out.
  • Options
    Like the other posters, not a problem for us.  We didn't use any pads.  Remember baby will have their diaper + clothes + swaddle or sleepsack-- that is a lot to get through for one so small =)
    Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    We put a receiving blanket over it just so it was a warmer / softer layer. But we never had any leaking issues.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

They make waterproof "lap pads" (I think that's what they are called) You can stick that on top of the washable cover.  Its not convenient to wash the cover when they are little and sleep alot.  Also we would put a burp cloth underneath her too.

Oh and I highly recommed a boppy noggin nest.

FYI-DD slept every night in the RNP until she was 5 months old.

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"