Food Allergy

Any clue what this is?

For the past few months my 19 month old's face has gotten worse and worse. It went from what we thought were heat rash bumps on her chin/mouth area and neck to just her chin/mouth area. But it's worse now. Red, dry, scaly and patchy. 

I know that's not much info to go on, but I figure all of you are more educated about this than I am. Does this sound like a food allergy? Vaseline and aquaphor do nothing. Hydracortisone calms it down a bit, but that's it. An anti-fungal cream made it RED and awful! It got better for a couple of days after we stopped that cream, but now it's back to how it was before the cream.

We started a food diary for a week and didn't notice a pattern, besides it flaring up when she throws a fit or gets her face washed.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Also, I can't figure out how to post a picture, otherwise I'd show what it looks like.

Re: Any clue what this is?

• Sounds like dermatitis or eczema. If it responded to the hydracortisone, you may want to go to the pediatrician and see if they can prescribe you a stronger dose of steroid cream. My son's skin didn't respond to anything over the counter when he had his flares. Only the second tier of steroid creams calmed his rash. Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My Lo would very often get a rash called Infantigo (SP?). It sounds exactly like your situation. Each time my LO got it, about 3-4 time, it required a prescription. It's caused by a small break in the skin that gets infected. My LO got it often because he has thin sensitive skin.

It's not a fungus either. That's why the fungal cream didn't work.

GOOD LUCK!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you both!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"