Georgia Babies

Recommend your Balance Bike

Doing Take 2 on the bike purchase.  We had gotten Alec just a cheapy Cars bike last year.  The training wheels kept falling off and he has wiped out a bunch and now hates his bike. So we are going a different route..

We are getting the kids balance bikes for Christmas.  Recommend yours.

We need to buy for a tall 4 yr old and 3 yr old.

TIA

Re: Recommend your Balance Bike

• I'd like to know what people recommend, as well.  We're considering getting one for Brady for Christmas.  I like the skuut bike but was looking at other options, too.
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • we made our own, after our crappy cars bike fell apart too, and we got Finn a bigger one and inherited another bike from a cousin, Todd took off the pedals and gears and everything off of the cars bike and now the boys use it as a balance bike.  so keep that as an option.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have always bought good quality bikes for the kids even the tricycle. Giant, Trek and I think Allison's is a Specialized. No rust, no chains falling off, they are all in really good condition. They have held up so well.

Instead of getting Elliott a balance bike we actually got him one of those Razor brand scooters that have wheels like the roller blades. This helped him so much with his balance and literally after getting that he rode his bike in about 3 days without training wheels. Just another suggestion.

• imagekbrickell:

We have always bought good quality bikes for the kids even the tricycle. Giant, Trek and I think Allison's is a Specialized. No rust, no chains falling off, they are all in really good condition. They have held up so well.

Instead of getting Elliott a balance bike we actually got him one of those Razor brand scooters that have wheels like the roller blades. This helped him so much with his balance and literally after getting that he rode his bike in about 3 days without training wheels. Just another suggestion.

thanks--I was thinking of going the scooter route too.  So many decisions.  And the one thing we learned is not to go cheap on the bicycle. 
  • oh yeah, we have the razor scooters too and that also is a really great idea!  Finn loves it and it has totally helped with his balance, didn't even think of that!
  • Plus the scooter is fun for adults too. My husband and I love it. We will ride tandem with the kids and start at the top of the hill.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"