August 2011 Moms

Night Terrors at 3 Months?

So I am pretty confident LO had a night terror tonight. She went to bed around 10, then around 11 I heard her shrieking on the monitor. I ran into her room and she was screaming really loud with tears streaming down her face. I picked her up and she continued to scream even after trying to wake her up. Finally she opened her eyes and looked really confused and distraught. I bf'ed her for a couple minutes and she was back asleep. It was sad to see her so scared :( Has anyone experienced this? I had severe night terrors when I was little but I don't recall my mom saying anything about me having them as a baby. 

Married: 3/01/08
Baby Girl: 7/29/11
Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!

Re: Night Terrors at 3 Months?

• I am sorry I am no help.  All I can say is I hope it was just a one time thing.  I would hate to see my LO scared like that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Maybe just a bad dream? I hope your LO doesn't end up with night terrors and that this was a one time event. Poor girl.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Stella has done this more than once already.. I researched it for myself:

https://www.askdrsears.com/content/i-think-my-child-having-night-terrors

I had night terrors as a kid & into my late teens. This link doesn't specify age, but does mention they can be an inherited problem. Hopefully this was a one time thing for you!! Poor B. I hope she gets some good rest tonight (and you do too!)

• My son had them when he was a toddler, I've never heard of them as a baby.  I really hope it was just a one time event.  They really are terrifying for the mommy too!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • DD has had what I think are nightmares before. She will cry really loud but when I go in to check no her she is asleep and fine just frowning. If I wake her up she doesn't seem to be sad or anything anymore so it is really weird!
  • Aw, poor Brooklyn! :( Poor mommy, too. I hope it was an isolated incident and never happens again.
  • I hope that it was an isolated incident as well. It was so strange seeing her in hysterics but not being able to wake her up. I know she won't remember what happened.. But I will :( 
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • It's probably an isolated incident. Night terrors don't start in children until they are 9 months old.Hope you were able to get some sleep!
  • Night terrors are incredibly uncommon in kids under age 1 and true nightmares don't start until after 2, usually. My guess is that it was an insolated incident, and I certainly hope for your sake it was! My two year old has night terrors and its really awful trying to calm her when she's not awake but thrashing around so I can't even hold her.
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • I have no advice, but I hope that it doesn't happen to your DD anymore! That must be so hard for you... Crossing fingers.
    cai(o)&cullen+ahk
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lydia has done this a few times. I think it was just a bad dream. Still-- sad. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Lurking from July...my DD did this the other night.  She was in the PnP next to my bed and started screaming out of nowhere.  She wasn't hungry and settled down once I held her.  It was scary because she went from 0-100 in a second.  I had a couple night terrors as a child, and both DH and I have walked in our sleep...so I guess this shouldn't be surprising.

www.minegoes2-11.blogspot.com

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope it was just an isolated incident. Sounds like you did a good job comforting her mommy...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"