Multiples
Options

twins pillow or boppy for hospital?

I have the huge twins nursing pillow & 2 boppies, wondering what you ladies would recommend I take the hospital for nursing? Sounds like the babies are over 5lbs and over 7lbs. the twins one is just so huge if you think the boppy would work fine let me know. Im hoping to try to tandem right away but of course we'll have to see how it all goes. TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: twins pillow or boppy for hospital?

• Options

My girls didn't latch right away. Personally, I found tandem feeding difficult during those first few weeks. Between "learning" to breastfeed myself and trying to get the girls latched properly, I found it too overwhelming to juggle tandem feeding. 

I can now tandem feed them easily and do it for one or two feeds per day. Otherwise, I enjoy the individual feeding time with each baby.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry to answer your question...I wouldn't bother bringing the huge twin pillow. A regular boppy would be fine. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I brought both.

DH used the boppy as a neck pillow for his "bed" in my room - HIGHLY recommend that!

I had a hard time tandem feeding in the beginning, but wanted to practice with my twin pillow.  I didn't use it much because my girls had such a hard time latching.  I didn't really tandem feed until week 5.  But that's  not always the case, and you could have great nursers from the beginning, so I say bring it.  Just leave it in your car.  I was in the hospital 5 days (c-section), so it was worth it to me to have it. 

I really ended up using a bunch of pillows from my hospital bed (and from home).

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We had 2 boppies and we also brought the twin nursing pillow so the LC could show me how to tandem feed but we never ended up using it because we were having such a hard time getting even one to latch. I did like having the two boppies though, I'd use one and DH would use the other (just to hold the baby in and then to feed because we ended up needing to supplement).
    photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
    After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Baby Girl #3!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I use the twin nursing pillow at home (and love it) but didn't take any type of pillow with me to the hospital.  My boys were 8lb7 and 8lb8 and latched on right away.  The LC helped me tandem feed within 24 hours and I just used pillows in my bed.  They worked fine.

• Options
    I left mine at home.   The nurses helped me tandem feed from the start using regular pillows - worked fine until I got home and figured out the best spots for using the twin pillow. 
  • Options
    imageflinnj:

I use the twin nursing pillow at home (and love it) but didn't take any type of pillow with me to the hospital.  My boys were 8lb7 and 8lb8 and latched on right away.  The LC helped me tandem feed within 24 hours and I just used pillows in my bed.  They worked fine.

Your twins were 8lbs? How did you get them so big.  Size is my biggest concern.  My son was only 5lb. 9 oz. at term.  I want so bad for these babies to be at least 6lbs. Any hints?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Well, all the babies in my family have been fairly big so I don't know that it's anything I can take credit for.  I was on bedrest for 10wks (starting at 25wks) for PTL and I ended up making it to 39wk3days.  I just ate well, drank alot of water, relaxed, and prayed they would stay in there.  :)  Good luck!!
  • Options
    I'm trying to do all those things :) I'm going to end up in pre term labor just worrying about it.  I have no indication at this point of any problems.  My three year old is at school now, so I should probably be resting instead of surfing huh :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"