Blended Families

ugh. why so difficult?

Ex's GF is getting on my last nerve.  Ex and I agreed that he would get S for trick or treating tonight and bring him home then I get him next year.  He called to see what time and I told him I got off work at 430 and had to pick him up 30 minutes away, run by the house for something I forgot this morning that he wanted, then drive him to my mom's 35 minutes from there (same town ex lives in) for him to pick him up there, trick or treat, then bring him home when finished.  I said it would probably be 630 before he could get him b/c he would still need to get changed and stuff.  Ex said fine.

He then called back wanting to get him sooner.  I said trick or treating doesn't start until 6 so what did he need him sooner for.  He repeated the question to his GF and she started screaming in the background about trunk or treating at 5 and he had to have him by then.  Sorry.  Not gonna happen.  I almost feel bad for ex cause he's trying not to get yelled at by her while knowing I can't get there any sooner.

ETA: especially since he had him Friday night and told me to pack his costume because they were going to a trunk or treat then find out from my son Sat that they never went.

Re: ugh. why so difficult?

• It doesn't seem like you are really asking for advice, but this seems like something that your ex needs to handle. Even being married, I don't dictate to DH what he needs to do or say to BM, especially if he is on the phone with her. It's rude. I may suggest asking if we could get him a little early, keep him a little later, borrow the costume etc., but I sure don't yell and demand anything. 

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Do what you and your ex have agreed to, and let him deal with his demanding girlfriend. 

• Ok, it does sound like she is a b*tch for screaming but it sounds like you are being difficult too.  If ToTing starts at 6 and you normally would be available but have to run around all over the place, that is not the GFs fault, it is yours for poor planning.  But the timing should have been worked out before today, although you last minute forgetting stuff should not really impact his time with his father unless it was really an emergency.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • I really and truely not trying to be snarky, but why does YOUR fogetting something mean that you get to kvetch about your EX and his GF?

And really, was she "screaming" or "yelling"?  And you know the difference I mean.  I "yell" from the other room all of the time.  That does not mean I am "screaming" at my DH in anger, I am just using a loud voice to be heard.

Look, the holidays suck for Intact families. Add to that the logistics of a blended family..hey it sucks big time.

But the BOTH of you were in the wrong here.  Him for not letting you know about the trunk or treat before last night and You for "fogetting something" and adding 30-45 minutes to HIS night. 

Chalk this up to a bad night for all and let it go.

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • We are running between 3 cities. It would be great if ex would pick him up from daycare and that was the original plan, but he didn't want to drive the 45 minutes to get there.  I work in one city, then am driving 30 minutes to the daycare then to the house 5 minutes from there then to the city ex lives in to do him a favor.  We never agreed he would get him at 6.  Also, S couldn't bring his toy sword and huge glowing walking stick thing he wanted to elementary school so ex would have had to come by the house anyways if he did get him.

The plan was also that he would then drive him the 45 minutes home because he wanted to see him on halloween but after I drive to drop him off, he tells me he doesn't have gas to get him hime and asked if I would wait around until they finished trick or treating so he could just drop him back off with me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"