Cloth Diapering

What temp do you wash diapers on?

I can turn my water heater up very easily, so I do that when washing diapers. I turn it to 140. But lately I have been having trouble with leaking diapers. New ones, old ones, doesnt matter. They all seem to be leaking. Am I doing something to the diapers by washing them so hot? I feel like I may have compromised the outer lining. If so, am I just out of luck or can I do anything to fix this?

Side question: I got the free itti bitti SIO from Kellys Closet. It says to wash it on 60 degrees at the hottest temp. Do you have these, and if you do, do you wash them separately?

Thank you! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: What temp do you wash diapers on?

• I wash on hot, but I have no idea how many degrees that is.

I have washed the ittibitti w/my regular diapers on hot...no damage was done. To be fair, we used that diaper very little as DS outgrew it very quickly.

DS1: Wild Man born 11/28/07
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wash on warm because a WAHM recommended. Its been fine. I dry on delicate. My water gets really hot so I think I feel comfortable with this. You could try warm and see if it makes a difference.

But alot of people wash on hot Im not sure if that's the cause of leaking. Hmmm......

• Loading the player...
  • it is 60 degrees C not F so 140 F! They are made in austrailia hence the C temp.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"