3rd Trimester

Baby already "low" at 33 weeks - anyone else?

Had a nice appt with the midwife today and she seemed surprised how low the baby was already at 33 weeks - she didn't say "dissented" but it sounded like it and when she asked me if I've had to pee more and if it's easier for me to breathe, I was like, yes actually going up a flight of stairs was suddenly easy again this past week. If it has infact already dissented, isn't 33 weeks a little ahead of schedule? I asked and she said it just is, neither good nor bad, but any second timers on here have experience with this? Did you go into labor early?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby already "low" at 33 weeks - anyone else?

• Ive been carrying DD2 low the whole time. On the one hand it's been nice since DD1 was high and killed my ribs all day and night. However being low with DD2 has put a lot more pressure on my hips and pelvis which I must say is far MORE uncomfortable then the rib pain with DD1 was. Since this is just my 2nd I don't know if I'll go into early labor (kinda hoping for her to arrive between 38-39 weeks).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes mine dropped a few days ago, and I don't know what it means! My first pregnancy didn't drop until a few days before the birth. For me it's much more painful because now the head is up against my cervix and it sure feels like she is trying to push her head out. I am spending less time on my feet bc of it for sure...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageNewMomAlyssa:
    I am spending less time on my feet bc of it for sure...

Ah, this! Yes, so I can go up a flight of stairs more easily, I guess because my lungs have more room now, but it's also more uncomfortable to stand for longer than 5 min than it was before. I thought it was because I was getting lazy or something - glad to hear there may be another explanation!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Anna dropped at 31 weeks for me.  I noticed a huge difference right away b/c my stomach was so much smaller and I could feel my ribs.  Ultrasound confirmed it last week.  She is using my cervix as a pillow, and facing my spine.  Ready to go in position.  My Dr. wasn't concerned about it at all.... so neither am I.
    pregnancy Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mine was low and head down from the beginning.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"