Preemies
Options

What diapers do you use? :)

After using swaddlers in the NICU, I've been wondering which I will use at home.

For a long time I wanted 'cloth' or reusable ones (G-diapers, etc).  Then I looked for chemical-free eco-friendly disposable ones (Nature Babycare?  Seventh generation?). . .but now I feel as if I should go with swaddlers until we get settled when they get home.  Perhaps even the 'sensitive swaddlers' since Mason has already had a bad diaper rash incident. 

Thoughts???

What do you use???

What do you love???

What do you hate???

SUPER THANKS!!!! 

My Story and Blog:
The Conception Craze

1/2009- TTTC
After 7 rounds of clomid and HcG, Three failed IUI's with an ectopic pregnancy, two shots of methotrextate, ER visits, breaks, low (3%) morphology One IVF cycle (lupron, gonal-F) that ended in another ectopic, more methotrexate, A Lap to disconnect both tubes, remove endo and a hydrosalphinx, . . .we are finally expecting TWINS from FET#1!
1.11. 2011: Beginning FET cycle!
3.11.11- FET! (DH's birthday!) 2 blasts transfered!
3.20.11- BETA #1 BFP!!! 272! (9dp5dt)
3.23.11- BETA #2 1346!!! (12dp5dt)
4.8.11- U/S #1. . TWINS!!! . . .TWO BOYS!
9.10.11-My beautiful Boys arrive unexpectedly at 28 weeks, 6 days. imageimage
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image

Re: What diapers do you use? :)

• Options
    We are still using preemie diapers, so our options are limited to Huggies and Pampers (at least from what I;ve seen).  We use Pampers now, but when my daughter grows out of them we'll try Up&Up (Target).  My plan is to figure it out through trial and error...Good Luck! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Maybe try the 7th Generation brand since you have a super sensitive guy.  

Will they let you bring your own diaper cream into the NICU?  California Baby (purchased at Target) is the only thing that took care of Gabe's diaper rash from the NICU.

We cloth diaper, but I use a disposable on him at night.  We've been fine with most brands (Up&Up, Swaddlers, Luvs).  Luvs are heavily perfumed, so they may not work for your sensitive little guy. 

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

When DD first came home from the hospital we used Pampers swaddlers, but then she started to grow and we used Pampers baby dry next. But the diapers started to get very expensive, so we are now with Luvs.

I haven't had any issues with Luvs or pampers. Huggies never fit her properly and she would have diaper explosions constantly. 

• Options
    we went disposable so I'm no help with the CD brands but we used swaddlers in the NICU and after - we had been gifted boxes of Huggies and Luv's and used them and didnt like them at all - we stuck to Pampers swaddlers - we are on our last box of size 1s and we already bought our size 2s. - DD has never had major rash issues though but the pampers are definitely softer and easier on her skin then the huggies - and overnight they seem to stay dryer on her skin
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    We used luvs (cheap!) and swaddlers (love) until they fit into CDs. We mostly CD, but we used Up& Up when we traveled recently.
  • Options
    We have been using cloth diapers since LO was about 3 months old. Before that, we used Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive and we liked them alot.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I tried 7th generation and they were AWFUL. They feel like sandpaper and are the consistency of a yucky brown paper towel. And they leaked within an hour of putting them on. 

We use pampers sensitive and they are great. I feel terrible for what we are doing to the environment (6-7 diapers per baby per day) so I try to make up for it by being an excellent recycler :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    How much do they weigh now?  What about a diaper trial so you can see what you like?  Have you bought any CDs yet?
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)

• Options

He was in Pampers (probably swaddlers) in the NICU and then at home for the first month.  Then I tried Seventh Generation and just didn't like them (and they run small).  Now we use Earth's Best - love them!  And I get them from Amazon so with the S&S and the amazon mom free shipping they're about $28 for a case.

I'd hoped to CD but after the extended NICU stay and with the reflux it was just one thing too much to add to the pile.

Actually I just found a bag and a half of leftover (from my neice) 7th Gen diapers so we're using those and my husband made a point of telling me how much he dislikes them the other day.  But since they're already in the house, they're getting used!

• Options
    We use Pampers Swaddlers.  That's also what he used in the NICU.  I really wanted to be able to use Huggies because I've heard AWFUL things about the Pampers Baby Dry that is in the Cruisers (it can cause chemical burns, I've heard), but we just couldn't make it work.  My son has the flattest butt ever, and I don't think Huggies work very well for skinny / flat-butted babies.  He was leaking out the legs all the time.  That problem went away with the Pampers.  He's in 2's now, and I just ordered a case of 3's. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
  • Options

imageschenkertobe:
    We have been using cloth diapers since LO was about 3 months old. Before that, we used Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive and we liked them alot.

This is what we do as well. I have used Pampers on occasion when we can't use the CD's (after her GI study for example). 

• Options

We use whatever we have....I had a diaper shower at work and got a variety of brands and sizes.

We used Huggies in the NICU - they were okay.  Of the ones we have at home, I like Pampers the best.  Swaddlers specifically.  

We've used Luvs, but they don't seem to hold as much pee.  

Target's brand (up&up) hold more pee than any other diapers we've tried.  I didn't like the fit of these, but will use them for overnight once we have to start buying diapers.  Or for long car rides. 

• Options
    I used Swaddlers until we ran out of the supply the NICU gave us, then I switched to Huggies Little Snugglers, and eventually to Target brand. I love Target brand! I used them a few years ago with my other son as well.
  • Options

We use Pampers Swaddlers.  We try to steer clear of the ones that have Dry Max.  When the twins were in Preemie diapers, a family member gave us a package of Huggies, and we didn't like them at all.  They didn't seem to fit right.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    We had some pampers swaddlers for until his cord fell off, but we didn't use most of them.  We CD.  The things that fit first for us were GMD orange edge prefolds w/thirsties XS covers, and Grovia NB.  We now also use BG XS w/a cotton  doubler, and XS fuzzibuns (my favorite!)  we have 2 NB monkey doodles as well, and they just don't work for us. 
    TTC #1 June 2010
    1/3/11 S/A - Count 45; Motility 32; Morph 4.3 - 2/10/11 - S/A Count 17mil; Motility 39; Morph 7.9
    1/5/11 Femara Cycle #1 = BFN  2/4/11 Femara Cycle #2 = BFP: 3/4/11 - Starting Progesterone suppositories 
    Beta#1 15DPO = 108; Beta#2 17DPO = 179; Beta#3 18DPO = 259; Beta 4# 20DPO =659!!
    TTC#2 Pulled goalie 5/12, PPAF 3/13, BFP 6/27 Beta 15DPO=248! 
    Dx Severe Hydrocephalus and severe Dandy Walker Cyst.   Stillborn 10/19/13
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    TTC#3 - (No preventing, TTC+progesterone starting 12/13)
    4/7/14 CD3 BW - FSH 5.6; AMH 0.469 - 4/11/14 S/A Count 35, Motility 47, Morph 1.5
    4/16/14 - Cycle 6 - Natural IUI - Beta 12DPIUI = 3; Beta 13DPIUI=4.  15DPIUI=6. 17DPIU=4. Chemical Pregnancy  
    TTC #4
    5/5/14 Dx MTHFR homozygous A1298C, Benched 1 cycle HSG 5/14 both tubes open w/scarring on the left   
    5/28/14 Starting clomid 6/8/14 IUI #2 1 dominant follicle 31mm Beta 11DPIUI =4, 15DPIUI = 74, 17DPIUI = 165 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Pampers swaddlers for sure!  We are currently using Huggies size 1 that we got from a diaper cake because our shipment of Pampers size 1 comes in today and we ran out of the newborn pampers...Huggies made my laundry frequency go way up...too many explosions...
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • Options

love pampers baby dry and swaddlers (the baby dry really keeps the baby dry, but I do love the wet line indicator that the swaddlers have.

hate: target/up&up, kirkland (which are huggies). Unless your baby has super super chunk legs, they leak.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    Got many packs of 7th Gen from a friend whose baby outgrew them- NOT a fan! They are so rough and the tabs are hard to pull up.... gotten peed on multiple times bacause of that! We will be going back to pampers swaddlers sensitive.
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    we are using Earth's Best chlorine free diapers. They're great!
  • Options
    We planned to CD and had GMD newborn (orange edge) prefolds at home that we planned on using, When DS came at 31w and was still under 5# when he came home I ordered 18 GMD preemie Pfs..the oranges were huge on him because they were so thick..I like the preemies sized, I realize he's not going to wear them long but they were only $15 per doz so not alot and I think still cheaper than if we had gotten sposies...i already had 3 super bright covers, but also got 2 preemie litewrap covers, wish I didn't get those because it seems the velcro is already becoming unsticky..plus I bought 2 XS Sbish soakers that I'm using (those are not included in the price comparison  :)  )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"