April 2012 Moms
Options

Christmas gift question: DH's gift to me

A couple of years ago I told DH I wanted pajamas and slippers from VS for Christmas and he got me a robe. I don't wear robes. This year I told him I want boots because my only winter shoes are tennis shoes. Here is my question: should I go with something pretty fool proof as a gift like the Harry Potter movies on blu-ray and tell one my sisters that I want boots, or should I trust DH to get me some? WWYD?

i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.

Re: Christmas gift question: DH's gift to me

• Options
    Unless you go to the store with him, I would say let someone else handle the boots...

imageimage

• Options
    I would NOT trust DH w/ a gift like that, unless you are super duper specific about everything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would either print out a picture or give him the actual link to a website that carries them!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What i have done with my DH before is shop online, fill the shopping cart with LOTS of things in the color, size, etc, that i would want, then he goes through , delete some stuff, and checks out what he wants to buy me .Its terrible leading a horse to water, but at least i get nice stuff in the right color and size.
    pregnancy due date Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    I'm picky about boots so I couldn't do this. But if you don't care too much about the style (e.g. you just want utilitarian footwear), then I'm sure it would be fine. But it's probably safer to go with the DVDs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I always make an Amazon wishlist. You can add items from any size. So you could pick the exact boots you want in the right size and color and add them to your list. Or you could pick a couple of pairs you'd be happy with and let him choose one. I LOOOOOVE the wishlist...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I say pick out the exact boots you want and then show him.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Men know DVDs, stick with that or go shopping with him.

My H is getting me a dishwasher and I picked out the exact one and told him where to go get it. This is the ONLY Christmas he will get away with buying me kitchen crap.

DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • Options

Hubby knows which shops I like for certain things so even if he doesn't get them exactly right, I can always go and swap them after Christmas for the right ones - but that depends on how sensitive he would be to that.

The other thing he does (which may work for you) is taking one of my friends shopping with him!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"