Babies: 0 - 3 Months

double stroller quest

Not really sure where to post this but here goes..

My hubby and I started looking at double strollers this weekend. My DD will be almost 18 months old when our 2nd is born and we aren't sure which stroller to get if any. We were looking at the Chicco Together stoller bc we have the Chicco infant car seat but that thing is a BUS! Then we have a Baby Jogger city mini ad love how easy it is to fold up but I hate the basket underneath. The sales guy said the 2012 models are supposed to have an easier to access basket. OR should we not get a ouble at all and just see how it goes.. if we even need one. We would kinda like to wait if possible and get a side by side jogging stroller (I don't run but they are nice at the beach). And I can't use a Baby bjorn all the time bc I have lower back issues. What is your experience with this situation?

Re: double stroller quest

• We also looked at the Chicco together double and hated it! It was huge, bulky and didn't fold easily! We ended up going with the City Mini double. We LOVE it! My SIL bought it for us and got the 2010 model. While the basket is hard to access it isn't impossible and hanging the diaper bag from the handle helped a lot to make room. Also put some hooks/rings on the handles as well to hang shopping bags off of and that saves room too. My DD is 14 months and my DS is 1 month. They were both comfy in it and I was surprised my DD loved it as much as she did! If your DD is using the stroller now with no problems and you can't use a carrier then I would suggest a double stroller. It makes our life so much easier and City Mini double really does fit through every doorway (even our front door of our house)... I had to check! Stick out tongue
    SAHM to the sweetest little girl and boy... I love my job!

Praying for Baby Camryn
    Praying for Baby Scarlett
    Remembering Baby Adam
  • I have a Bumbleride Indie Twin. I LOVE it. With your two being so close in age, I'd definitely recommend getting a double. 18 months isn't really old enough to be walking by herself all the time and if you go to the zoo, park, mall, etc you're going to want her contained in the stroller.

The upside to getting a more high end stroller is that the resale on them is usually really good if you take care of it.

Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the City Mini double and love it. Like the PP said, the basket is a little hard to get too, but it's not something that makes me hate the stroller. 

You might also want to try out different types of carriers. The Bjorn doesn't have a lot of support. The Ergo is much more comforatable.  

BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would definitely get a double.  Mine LOs are 3 yrs apart, and we still use ours for the zoo, aquarium, park, etc.  I wanted to love the bumbleride indie twin, but that thing was huge and not as nimble as I'd expected.  I got the 2011 city mini double and have no complaints so far.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageFortMyersBride:
    I would definitely get a double.  Mine LOs are 3 yrs apart, and we still use ours for the zoo, aquarium, park, etc.  I wanted to love the bumbleride indie twin, but that thing was huge and not as nimble as I'd expected.  I got the 2011 city mini double and have no complaints so far.

Isn't it funny how everyone seems to have different experiences? I think mine is pretty nimble, but my kids tend to be really light. Maybe I wouldn't like it so much if they were heavier. I did like the City mini, though.

OP. my girlfriend has a City Select that she ADORES and I'm almost positive you can also use it as a single stroller, which is a big plus. She has back issues and has no problem lifting it in and out of her SUV.

Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • Thanks everyone. I checked out the City Select and my husband and I think it is the coolest thing since sliced bread... but it's sooooo expensive. We are going to keep our eye on craigslist and ebay though. Hopefully that is what we can get, we just can't afford it right now! I'm sure it will be worth it though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"