February 2012 Moms
Options

At what age will you get DD's ear's pierced? *clicky poll*

After reading the "would you let your son get his ears pierced" post I was wondering when moms on this board would allow their DDs to get their ears pierced.

I think baby girls are ADORABLE with pierced ears, but I am not sure if that's a good idea in terms of infection.  DH wants to wait until she's about 7 and I'll probably let him have his way on this one (there will be bigger battles to fight).

[Poll]
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: At what age will you get DD's ear's pierced? *clicky poll*

• Options
    I picked Special Snowflake because I'll just wait until she asks to get them pierced.

After 2 1/2 years TTC, 3 IUI's, endo, and a lap, a surprise BFP brought us Alexandra Marie!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagehalo_tx:
    I picked Special Snowflake because I'll just wait until she asks to get them pierced.

This.

---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I put 4-8..I think my mom said she got mine done when I was 5 so i guess maybe some where between there or until she asks for them....
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm having a boy, but if I had a girl I wouldn't let her get her ears pierced. I would wait until she's old enough to decide if she wants to do that.
    image image BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Just realized this was a poll further down!  Darn!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We got DD's ears pierced at 5 months and I would encourage any moms of girls to do the same if they plan on allowing it at some point in childhood.  I remember my ears getting so nasty infected ALL the time when I got them pierced at 7 because I wouldn't leave them alone.  When they get them done before they're old enough to really know what's going on, they don't touch them and they heal so quickly.  Now, they're just a part of DD and she still never messes with them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I waited until my DD was old enough to tell me herself that she wanted them done.  I think we ended up doing it for her 8th or 9th birthday.  

I just know I got mine done when I was 4, and it was such a battle for my mom.  I cried and fussed and hated having her change them.  She ended up letting them grow up, and I got them repierced when I was like 10 I think.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I got mine pierced in kindergarten, so that is most likely when I would let our little girl get hers pierced.
  • Options
    I'm doing it as early as possible b/c it's a big deal in my family to have a baby girl's ears pierced and I can't wait to celebrate that. Babies heal a lot faster, not to mention they don't mess w/their ears as much as older girls do. I've seen my share of older girls getting them done and they wind up getting infections b/c they've messed w/their new earrings too much, lose the earrings b/c once again, they mess w/them, or they freak out the second they see the "gun" and won't go through w/it or will leave w/just one ear pierced, lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I think I had mine pierced when I was around 7 - I definitely requested to have them pierced.  I will definitely wait until our daughter asks... but I don't think I'd allow it younger than about 7. 
    11 months old! #andintoeverything
  • Options
    Same as PP - I will wait until she asks.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagehalo_tx:

Yep, this. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    I don't really have an age in mind, I plan on waiting until she wants to have it done. I was 4 when I had mine done and wanted to get them pierced. DD is a little more "sensitive" so I suspect she won't want pierced ears for quite awhile.  We'll probably go the same route wiht #2.
    Isobel
    5 February 2008
  • Options

I don't have a DD but I would wait until she's old enough to ask and take on the full responsibility. I had mine done when I was 8 or 9. I wasnt' ready. The holes closed and my mom told me I couldn't get it done again until I could pay for it myself.  I waited until I was 17. 

I think pierced ears on babies looks so tacky.  Why put a hole in such a perfect, unblemished head?  Ugh.

* DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • Options
    I got my own pierced when I was about 5 and I very distinctly remember how excited I was when my daddy took me. I don't recall having issues with infection or anything. I just remember the great time I had with my daddy. I don't want to take that away from my little girl so I'll wait until she's old enough to ask and get excited about it.
  • Options
    i got my DD's pierced at 2.5 months. My aunt was in town from TX and had her piercing guns to do it. It was fast and she quit crying as soon as i picked her up and never played with them so it was worth it. Now that she knows what they are she loves them.
  • Options
    The nurses in the hospital will pierce her ears right after she's born. There is very little risk for infections if done in the hospital, and newborns don't touch their ears. Everybody does it the sme way where I live and I've never heard of infections from that. I understand it's a cultural thing, though. Every little girl has her ears pierced as soon as they are born here in Peru. But I see people from other countries that think it is ridiculous. I just think that babies look beautiful with earrings, and that if she'll have her ears pierced in the future, why not do it sooner than later with less pain and less chance of infection.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"