July 2012 Moms

Doctors

Has anyone not been to the doctor yet? I haven't had betas checked or a blood test or anything. Basically I'm at a military post and they will not see me until 8 weeks. It just seems like all other doctors are doing things. Just wondering if anyone else is the same?
Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
**Good luck to gatorwife,MissIntentional&corinne2010! Congrats to Piper2009!

Re: Doctors

• I have to get a beta and will get a 6-7 week ultrasound due to IF, but if not, I would have just done a pee test at the doctors office and come back in 8 weeks for a physical. 12 weeks until the first ultrasound here.

2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Actually not being seen until 8 weeks is a pretty standard practice. Some doctors see people early for confirmation of pregnancy, and most don't get blood work unless they have a past history. 8 weeks may seem like a long time, but until that time there isn't many tests that can be done. It's hard to wait, but it will be here soon. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • With my first I didn't see the doc until 8 weeks, which is normal.  My second pregnancy I didn't make it to that appt, I m/c at 6 weeks.  The reason people get betas is because they have a history of m/c or IF struggles.  Normal pregnancies you won't see a doc until 8-10 weeks.

Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • This is my first pregnancy and I won't be seeing the Dr for another few weeks. It's perfectly normal! But I'm with you on wishing that I could see the Dr ASAP to make sure things are coming along smoothly in there!
    house blogger, social worker, LSU fan, first time mom-to-be

Living Well on the Cheap

BabyFetus Ticker
  • that is one thing that I am not liking about my second pregnancy is that I found out so early.  I feel like I am waiting alot longer to get any info at all.  But I just try not to stress and Just be happy.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageCarinH:
    that is one thing that I am not liking about my second pregnancy is that I found out so early.  I feel like I am waiting alot longer to get any info at all.  But I just try not to stress and Just be happy.

Yeah waiting while knowing almost the whole time is very long wait!

I have not been to the Dr. yet, I am not sure when I will make my appointment....when I do, I'll have to make a nurses vist first, followed by a meeting with the birthing cordinator (yeah, I am not sure what she does) and then be scheduled to see the Dr. For some reason I am not feeling that anxious about seeing him.. but .I would like to confirm that I am on track for a healthy baby!

image image Visit The Nest!
  • I am going to be 7.5 weeks when I see the doc I am only going in this early because we will be out of town for awhile after that otherwise I would be 8 also! But all doctors are different I am just soo excited to hear the LO heartbeat!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been in for a visit, but it was just a confirmation of my pregnancy (not even a blood test- was a pee test) and with just a nurse. I don't see my midwife until week 7.

BFP #1- 10/2011 (m/c 12 weeks)
    BFP #2- 9/2012 (beautiful boy born sleeping @ 20 weeks)
    BFP #3- 11/2013 (m/c 6 weeks)
    BF #4 - 10/2014- stick baby!!!!!!
  • My Dr is seeing me today for a blood test to confirm, did the same thing with my other 2.  Im guessing after that I wont be back to see him for a little while, however I am older this time around so Im not sure if things will go a little differently...guess I will find out more today :)
    14yr old DD, 9yr old DS. BFP Oct 30, missed M/C at 9weeks November 27/11 Lilypie Pregnancy tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Oct Angel Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"