December 2011 Moms
Options

If I could request ANYTHING without coming off like a total Biotch...

I would request that my SIL NOT show up to the hospital until after the baby is born. Her voice makes me want to chew grenades when I'm  not in labor, I can't imagine what I'll do to her if she's in there blabbing in my ear while I'm trying to relax. I already taught my husband a signal that means "Get her out of here"  I just want my mom and husband there most of the time to be honest. The rest could go to Chili's for all I care until the baby is born. 

I'd also ask that MIL wait outside too while I'm in the beginning stages of labor. She's just one of those types that worries a lot and asks a lot of unnecessary questions and just makes situations harder....plus if her and SIL in the room they'll probably be fighting.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If I could request ANYTHING without coming off like a total Biotch...

• Options
    I just told dh family that I don't want any visitors while in hospital except parents and parent in laws so wait till I'm home. Solves lots of problems lol
  • Options
    I don't think this is an unreasonable request at all!  However, I'm sure your SIL and MIL would disagree but who cares?!  I'm all about not hurting people's feelings but come on you're going to be in labor, it's a time to worry about your well being and your baby's well being, not others feelings.  If that sounds rude, I'm sorry but I believe it's true.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesweetie41305:
    I don't think this is an unreasonable request at all!  However, I'm sure your SIL and MIL would disagree but who cares?!  I'm all about not hurting people's feelings but come on you're going to be in labor, it's a time to worry about your well being and your baby's well being, not others feelings.  If that sounds rude, I'm sorry but I believe it's true.

I'm thinking Ill just kick everyone out when I'm starting labor and blame it on the pain. They are the type of people that will be forever hurt if I ask them to stay away now. 

• Options
    I actually told my mom that she has to wait in the lobby while I'm delivering and she doesn't think that's fair. Umm...hello?! I'm pretty damn sure its fair.
  • Options
    We agreed not to tell anyone i'm in labor until i'm already 8-10cm along. His family lives an hour away so that way (hopefully) they won't arrive until after the baby is born.
  • Options
    I think we have decided to not have any visitors until day two. When I had DS everyone was there and it was too much.
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We're asking all our family who happen to be in town when he comes not to come to the hospital until after he is born. The only person that will be around for labor and delivery is DH and the doctor/nurses. They are welcome to wait in the waiting room but no one comes in until he's born and we've had some recovery time.
  • Options

Haha...if I could request anything without coming off like a *** I'd go a step further and request no visitors at the hospital period! I'm not going to even try it though.

I'll throw a fit if anyone besides DH wants in the delievery room. I think this is totally a place where if space is wanted it should be granted...no questions! I don't like how public birth has become (personal opinion!).

Glad you and DH have a signal! I hope he's an accommodating bouncer ;).

• Options
    Why not just NOT call them when you're headed to the hospital? 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemelismarie:
    We agreed not to tell anyone i'm in labor until i'm already 8-10cm along. His family lives an hour away so that way (hopefully) they won't arrive until after the baby is born.

This!  The other nice thing we learned is that our hospital is great about keeping people out of L&D.  Also, no cell phones are allowed to be on in the L&D or antenatal rooms (postpartum rooms are ok).  There is a phone in the room if DH wants to call our moms to give them updates, but at the same time if we tell the hospital that we do not want any calls coming in, they will not put them through :-)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Either ask them not to come, or tell them if they do, they will only be allowed in the waiting room.  Make the nurses your bad guys.  

We aren't even telling anyone but our childcare when we go to the hospital.  Everyone else will know after the baby is here.  No one can visit till our kids do. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"