June 2011 Moms

F/U to air travel with baby

I asked for advice last week about our first plane flight with LO. Thank you for all the tips, btw. We got back from San Diego last night and I have to say it was as smooth as I could have hoped for! On the way over, the plane wasn't full so we didn't even have to gate check the car seat, and on the way back LO just slept the entire time. Easy peasy!

I think the hardest part about the trip was actually LO's sleep...he normally sleeps like a champ 7pm-7am...and while we were in SD his sleep totally broke down. Woke up at 10, 11, midnight, then 3:30...and never went back down until 7:30 when we finally put him in the ERGO and walked to a coffee shop. Phew...he also cut another tooth while we were there, and turned 4 months on the day we left, so who knows which of the factors at play were affecting his sleep. Now we're back and he's back to his normal self. I'm glad to have one successful trip under our belts!

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013

Re: F/U to air travel with baby

• Glad to hear it went well! I'm going to be flying with DD to Colorado on a 4 hour non-stop flight soon and I'm kind of nervous about how she'll react!

Which airline did you use and did they have a place to change diapers in one of the restrooms on board?

BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • We flew southwest, and since the flight was only 1 hour 20 minutes, we didn't need to change diapers on board. I never went into the bathroom, actually.

My friend, though, just got back from a trip to Europe with her 6 month old (from the West coast, so looong flight). She said that they had changing tables in all the airplane bathrooms. Good luck with the 4 hour flight! We're going to France in the spring to see family, and I'm definitely nervous about the long flight but glad to have 1 under my belt. I'm sure we'll both do great, though.  :)

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad it went well.

We have a cross country trip (3 flights) coming up in December and a 24 hour straight flight to Singapore in July! I'm sooooooo nervous =0

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"