Cloth Diapering

GMD Prefolds--Bleached or Unbleached?

Hi,

I'm planning on getting 3 dozen of the infant GMD prefolds (orange I think) and they come in either bleached or unbleached.  I feel like the unbleached are not very pleasant to look at (white just looks cleaner to me).  

What is the difference btwn bleached and unbleached?

imageimage
M/C #1 2001 (6w1d); M/C #2: 10/02/10 (4w4d); M/C #3 05/26/11 (4w3d) Clomid BFP #4 7/18/11 @ 9DPO Please baby stick! Beta #1 (11DPO)=51; Beta #2 (13DPO)=170; Beta #3 (19DPO)=2659!! EDD: 03/31/12

Re: GMD Prefolds--Bleached or Unbleached?

• The only difference is one was bleached while the other wasn't.  I went with unbleached because I'm more of a naturalist and am not a fan of bleach to begin with.  Also, it's just something for the baby to pee and poop in that will be covered with a cute diaper cover anyway.  

Go with which ever diaper you want... they will both work the same. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I actually  prefer the unbleached because the stains do not stand out as much as with the white and I also agree with the PP.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought a set of both used and in my opinion the unbleached are softer!

• We have GMDs in both unbleached or organic. Ours are very soft, I don't know how the bleached compare?

Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have both and I feel like the unbleached are softer and hide stains better. White may start off looking "cleaner," but that doesn't last long :-) Most everything comes out in the sun, but the unbleached hide whatever doesn't better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just asked this question on here the other day right before I ordered, and decided on the unbleached.  I got my package today and have spent the day prepping (waiting for them to dry now so I can test the absorbency so far =) )

Anyway, the only difference I can tell is that unbleached do take more prepping, but I went for it based on the other recs.  I did want to mention though, that many people on this board rec going straight to the yellow edge....and I am glad I did.  I ordered 12 yellow, and 6 orange.  By the time they shrink up I can totally see why the orange only lasts a very short time.  At first the yellow looked HUGE and I seriously questioned the decision....but after seeing them almost prepped....I get it now.  I'm glad I have a few orange....but yellow might be better for the bulk of your stash unless you are expecting a super tiny baby.

href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

• I have about 2 dozen of these I am thinking about selling. 1 dozen are unbleached (hide stains better, and a bit softer) and the other dozen are bleached.

There are no stains that I can see, and I would sun one more time for good measure, but I'm in buffalo, and the sun has pretty much gone into hibernation till April Lol.

I'd part w/them for  $25 (2 dozen) plus actual shipping (which will probably be about $10-15 unfortunately because they are so bulky.  I also have 5 covers.  1 Bummis super brights (green) size newborn, 1 bummis super whisper wrap in Newborn, and 3 Thirsties size XS, these fit up until probably 10-11lbs-ish,  depending on the baby and the diaper you are using.

If you are interested I have pics of both on my phone.

EMAIL me please AGFaso430@gmail.com

I have been on this board for a while, but have recently been less active because the twins have me busy, but I have great feedback on eBay (acgunia user name) if you want to check it out.  I've done sales on here and on Fluff Traders facebook group. 

BFP 11/09...M/C 1/27/10...TTCAL 3/2010...IUI #1 9/2010 = BFN IUI #2 10/29/2010 = TWINS! EDD 7/25/2010 C-SECTION 7/7/11 at 37.5wks due to severe pre-eclampsia. Liliana born 6lb7oz and Anthony born 5lb4oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The bleached ones from GMD don't use traditional "bleach" they have an alternative process that is more environmentally friendly.
    If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"