Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Halloween Candy

My husband is at the hospital with his father. He had a massive stroke last Tuesday. Anyways, it will just the werewolf and I tonight. We will probably only go to 5 houses or so.Should I leave our candy and playdoh on the porch? Or do I wait until we get home and then turn our lights on and start handing it out? And how much is your child going to get to eat tonight? I"m thinking 2 pieces?!? 
DS 10/27/09, 5lb. 15oz., 18in., Emergency C-Section, TTC soon!, hoping for a VBAC Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker <a href="http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m224/guineas12/?action=view

Re: Halloween Candy

• You could leave it out, kids will take it. Playdoh- not sure why you are giving that out- but you could leave that out too.

In terms of what I am going to let DD eat- she's not big into sweets so I don't expect her to care much about it- but she can have a few pieces if she wants them, I wasn't really planning on giving her or not giving her a specific amount.

Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We agreed on 1 piece.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We just put a sign on the door that said "We will be back soon" and took Grant to like 10 houses. Then we came back, put him to bed, and dumped all his candy in our bucket to give to other kids (after I ate like 3 Reese's of course).

• Liam was so happy shaking his boxes of nerds that I didn't bother showing there was anything inside the boxes and crinkly wrappers. His life is going to change tomorrow when I offer him some. He ate sweets at daycare so I didn't feel the need to offer any more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it is awesome you are handing out playdoh.  We went TOTing with friends with older kids and my LO had so much fun but he will not be allowed any. We have not introduced chocolate/candy/juice, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemarriedinaugust:
    I think it is awesome you are handing out playdoh.  We went TOTing with friends with older kids and my LO had so much fun but he will not be allowed any. We have not introduced chocolate/candy/juice, etc.

I wish X had got playdoh Crying As far as candy I'll let him have any kit kats he gets(which was like 3) and the small suckers. The rest I kept what i wanted and gave the rest to my 8yo cousin who went with us.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickersimageimageimage
  • Liam is only going to be able to eat the plain Hershey bars, Oreos, and Kit-Kats and that will be over a period of a couple of weeks, if we even get that far.  I am just going to go on a day by day basis and when I feel like it's been enough then I'll stop giving it to him.  We probably hit about 10 houses so he doesn't have a lot at all.  We let him eat one plain Hershey bar last night while we were TOT-ing because he kept wanting to sit down in everyone's driveway and dig through his bucket.  We had to distract him or we wouldn't have gotten anywhere!

image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"