Cloth Diapering

Washing FF diapers?

We are having to supplement DD due to latch issues and I can't keep up with what she needs by pumping.  With the EBF diapers I just threw them in the washer, but now her poops are getting a little thicker and I'm concerned it might mess with the washing machine.

I tried dunking one in the toilet tonight but nothing came off...pretty much just ended up with a toilet water soaked poopy diaper.

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Washing FF diapers?

• I'm no help with FF diapers, but once we introduced DD to some solids around 6 months, her poop got really sticky, but not solid. If dunking/swishing doesn't work you may need to start scraping. Some people use toilet paper, spatulas, spoons...anything to get the job done. You'll never get ALL of it off, but do an extra rinse cycle if you're worried about your machine. It should be okay.
    imageimage imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Maternity tickers
  • When DD was EFF I just threw everything into the wash.  FF poop is water soluble also so it just washes out, no need to swish/spray/scrape until you start solids.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageveruca5839:
    When DD was EFF I just threw everything into the wash.  FF poop is water soluble also so it just washes out, no need to swish/spray/scrape until you start solids.

This. The consistency may be slightly different, but you don't need to change your washing routine yet. It will all come out.

• Another idea is to use flushable liners. DD has to have them for daycare, or they won't do cloth dipes. I don't usually use them at home, but they are really nice when she has a poop. Most of it ends up on the liner and you can just flush it.
  • imageveruca5839:
    When DD was EFF I just threw everything into the wash.  FF poop is water soluble also so it just washes out, no need to swish/spray/scrape until you start solids.

Generally, this has been true for us as well.  DS has had a few poos that have required some extra attention, though. A couple have been ploppable and a few have required spraying (we went ahead and installed a sprayer as we anticipate needing it after starting solids anyway).  Most of the FF poos just rinse right out, though. If it really looks peanut-buttery and like it won't rinse out, I'd scrape it off w/a disposable butter knife, then wash it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"