December 2011 Moms
Options

A&A swaddle blankets...worth the hype?

I have heard so much about the Aden and Anais swaddle blankets but want to know if it worth spending 20.00 on one blanket. I am a first time mom so I do not know if they are as great as I have heard. I would love your opinions ? Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: A&A swaddle blankets...worth the hype?

• Options
    I am wondering this myself I just got a few gerber ones from BRU...
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS was an odd duck, he *NEVER* liked to be swaddled.. (even when we got the midwife to do it "properly") he'd flail and squirm and cry until he got his arms loose then he'd calm right down  lol. So for us swaddling blankets were really not worth it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Buy them in a pack!  They are about $35 for 4, and while still pricey, it's better than $20 for one.  I know it is a luxury item, and some won't find them to be worth it, but I think they are. They are so soft, and lightweight, and just great!  I haven't even used mine or know whether or not LO will like swaddling, but I love these blankets!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That is what I am worried about, my two nephews hated to be swaddled. They wanted their arms free. I am wondering if I should just use the few I have for now before I spend the extra money.
  • Options

I'm with you too. I just took advantage of the post from earlier today (entitled something about "Good Deal"). I want to check them out after hearing all the hype. I was going to let it go...but I got the deal for $17 (reg. $40) so I bit.

From what I'm kinda gathering is they are awesome for summer babies. I'm not so sure if they are worth it for winter babies? I guess the fabric is just a soft muslin? I saw a post a long time ago in the baby gear section that said they can be made MUCH cheaper by just buying the fabric from a craft store.

But, I'm like you...I have no clue what the real hype is about.

• Options

My personal opinion is NO they are not worth the hype. I could never swaddle with them, they are huge, and flimsy. The only time we ever got a tight swaddle was with plain old receiving blankets. They are cute, and good for draping over the carseat when you are out in public, since they are thin and still breathable. This time around, I bought a miracle blanket which is supposed to help with swaddling-impaired parents and also good for bigger babies! If I like it I'll buy more. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    FTM here so I've never actually used mine. I got them on babysteals, and while they're nice, I don't think I would pay full price for them. A few friends with babies recommended them and said that even if you don't end up using them to swaddle, they're nice to have to cover up the carseat/stroller or use as a nursing cover since they're so big. 
    BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I love the bigger sized blankets for swaddling.  I can't swaddle at all with a regular recieving blanket....the kiddo always comes unswaddled.  I've used the A&A for someone I babysit and really like them.
    href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

• Options
    I love them but not going to use them as a swaddle blanket. It's great for me since I live in Florida where its ALWAYS warm. Its big, but its also very light weight and breathable.
  • Options
    You can get 4 in a pack at Target for $34.99. I don't know if they are worth it or not but someone bought me some and then I went and purchased the summer infant muslin swaddles at BRU and they are the exact same thing. I think I paid right under $20 for a pack of three summer infant ones after a 20% off coupon.
  • Options

As PP's have said, you can get a 4 pack for $34.99. If you use a 20% off coupon at BBB, they will be less.

I am a huge fan of swaddling and have never used a better blanket for it. I've used them on several babies as a nanny so I've tried pretty much everything out there. I hate the flannel receiving blankets because I can't get them as tight as the A&A. As for babies who hate to have their arms swaddled...don't swaddle their arms. There are million different ways to swaddle - you just have to experiment and see what works for you. They also work great as a stroller/carseat cover, burp cloth, nursing cover, etc. I love them, so for me yes they are totally worth it and I would have bought them if I hadn't been gifted the 4 pack off my registry.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got a couple packs at my shower and I am excited to use them. They seem pretty versatile.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    for us, totally worth it. LO is obsssed with them now as his lovey blankets and carries them everywhere. They worked great as swaddles and nursing covers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageindomesticbliss:
    for us, totally worth it. LO is obsssed with them now as his lovey blankets and carries them everywhere. They worked great as swaddles and nursing covers.

This! DS sleeps with one every night and just loves them. Obviously you can use any old blanket for swaddling but these are nice because they are big and kinda stretchy and you can just get a really tight swaddle. Even if they don't like being swaddled they are really useful-- cover up the carseat, nursing cover, summer blanket, etc. They just keep getting softer and softer with each wash too! I will say though that the A&A they sell at target are not quite the same quality as the other A&A blankets I've gotten directly from the site. They arent quite as soft but they are cheaper in price.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My number one baby item! I did the technique from the book/DVD Happiest Baby on the Block and this blanket was highly recommended and didn't disappoint. Thanks to the technique taught in the book and these blankets DD slept through the night from night one!
    DD July 2008 & DS December 2011* TTC 09/2001* natural conception EDD 11/05/06 mc 3/23/06 my 30th b-day * successful IVF EDD 7/08 DD 7/08 * natural conception EDD 11/05/10 m/c 3/23/10 yes my 34th b-day * I don't celebrate my b-day but love to celebrate my daughters!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"