LGBT Parenting

FET#1=BFFN

Officially got the word that our first FET was a BFN. We're thinking that I may not be on the right combo of medication because of my autoimmune disorder. We tried to schedule a follow up appointment with our RE just to find out that he only does phone follow ups now and the earliest appointment we can get is Nov. 26th! 

We've expected this for a few days since every home test we took was stark white, but it just doesn't get any easier to learn that you put two healthy embryos in and they just didn't stick around. It's hard and it's discouraging. And it makes me wonder what's wrong with me.

Sorry for the whiny cry face, I'm probably not in the best frame of mind right now. The one exciting thing that is a bright spot is that we've started contacting adoption agency's to look into getting a home study done. We both have always wanted to adopt, but had thought we would have bio (sorta) kids first and then adopt. But maybe the grand plan is to adopt first and then work on the babies? Who knows, but this seems like something tangible that we can do to move toward starting a family.

IUI #1 (50 mg clomid and ovidrel) - BFN
IUI #2 (100 mg clomid and HCG trigger) - BFN
IUI #3 (Gonal-f and HCG trigger) - BFN
IVF #1 - 21 retrieved, 20 mature, 15 fertilized (ICSI), 2 d5 blasts transferred, 8 frozen - c/p
FET #1 - BFFN
FET #2 - BFN? c/p? Either way no baby
FET #3 - No shock...BFN
FET #4 - BFN :-(
Surgery and TTC cancelled - pursuing surrogacy
7/31/12 Surrogate got a +HPT!!!! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FET#1=BFFN

• I'm so sorry. You don't have to apologize for the "whiny cry face" because it's not whiny - you're sad, and justifiably so. Good luck with the next step, be it FET again or adoption. Hang in there.
  • Sorry to hear that.  If you go through the foster care system, they will do a free home study (at least in MN), you should check it out in your state.  In addition, there is sometimes the possibility of foster to adoption.  Just an idea, hope this helps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry. Our FET resulted in a chemical pregnancy and I know exactly what you mean about feeling so sad that those embryos made it all the way into your uterus before the cycle broke down. That's awful that you have to wait so long to meet with your RE. Our RE schedules a WTF appointment within a few days of every negative cycle. Do they keep a cancellation list? I hope things proceed smoothly on the adoption front and that you get good answers about TTC, for whenever you are ready to try that again.
    Kendyl and Mary - June 10, 2006

• I'm so sorry. I hope you get some answers soon.
  • 1.  I'm so sorry. 2. You never have to apologize for your feelings here.  
  • imagemandykatie:
    1.  I'm so sorry. 2. You never have to apologize for your feelings here.  

Couldn't have said it better.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I am so sorry.  It is completely understandable to be sad/whiny/etc. after new like that.  I hope your adoption research helps you heal, and you can get some answers on the ttc front soon.  Nov 26 is far!
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • imagetdmklm:
    I'm so sorry. You don't have to apologize for the "whiny cry face" because it's not whiny - you're sad, and justifiably so. Good luck with the next step, be it FET again or adoption. Hang in there.

ditto.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm sorry :(

best of luck with the next step.

• I'm so sorry. I hope you'll be able to see your RE sooner and good luck with exploring adoption. Hugs.
  • imageleapgirl8:

imagemandykatie:
    1.  I'm so sorry. 2. You never have to apologize for your feelings here.  

Couldn't have said it better.

I third or fourth or fifth that.  Best of luck with the next step.

• I'm sorry for the BFN.  I think looking into adoption while you are also TTC is a good idea - we never know what the plan is for us.
    Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"