s/o weather — The Bump
Parenting after 35

s/o weather

We are supposed to have snow on Wednesday.  Sounds like a good day to work from home and even better day for the crockpot.  So options for crockpot meal that I'm thinking about are:

1.  Pot roast -- did have that 2-3 wks ago but it was pretty dang tasty.  Will be planning on having it around Thanksgiving time when ILs are visiting too.

2.  Chicken pot pie, crockpot style

3.  Skip the crockpot and do cream of mushroom soup chicken in the oven.

WWYD? 

DD -- 5YO
DS -- 3YO

Re: s/o weather

• mmm Chicken pot pie!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I always like doing shredded pork in the crock pot.   Plus, it's cheaper than beef.

Get a hunk of pork shoulder or whatever.  Plop it in the crock.  Squeeze on some Sweet Baby Rays and there ya go!

• Loading the player...
  • Pot pie,though I'm biased as it's my most favorite dinner ever.
  • mwdmwd member
    I made pulled pork sandwiches  with homemade barbecue sauce from food network.com.  Soo yummy, especially after a day with wet damp weather and trick-or-treat.  Perfect.
  • Have you ever done a whole chicken in the crockpot? Add 3 peeled carrots whole. 3 pieces of celery whole a yellow onion quartered Put chicken in without gizzards. Add water half way. A tsp of salt a 1/4tsp pepper. Set on low for 6 hours vtake out chicken and set aside. Get a large strainer and strain the juices and veggies into container. Voila you have chicken stock. Then debone the chicken and shred it. Put back in pot with a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce and voila BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches too. P.s. I save the celery and carrots for dear son and mush them up in his chicken. He doesn't notice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards