Special Needs
Options

Feeding Tube Awareness :)

Most of you know, LA is a tubie (fed by feeding tube--long story short, she is an aspirator).  Anyhow, last year, a group of "tubie moms" started to organize a Feeding Tube Awareness Week in February.  I drew a logo using the extension set (the part of the feeding bag that connects to the feeding button).  As I was saying, the founder of the feeding tube awareness site has created a non profit to help raise awareness, etc. and asked if the logo I had created could be the official logo for the movement. 

You can even buy shirts with it :) 

Image of I Heart a Tubie T-Shirt - Youth Sizes

You can learn more about tubies at https://www.feedingtubeawareness.com/

Re: Feeding Tube Awareness :)

• Options

Thanks for that! I'll have to tell my SIL, DN is a tubie girl too. Poor thing had a traumatic birth (placenta abruptio) at 34 weeks and nearly lost her and SIL. She was born with her esophagus not attached to her stomach. She has her tubie until her esophagus diameter is stretched enough for her to feed. Slowly but surely!! And they finally came back with a mild CP diagnosis. I'm pretty proud of my brother and sil, she's doing well. L was one pre-transplant because he couldn't/wouldn't eat.

ETA: Love the logo, I would so get that t-shirt for my nephew, he's proud of his baby sister.

• Options

i didn't know you drew that!  i've seen it alot--that's awesome!

we are on our way to being a tubie and thanks to everyone here i can honestly say that i am not scared about it anymore.  believe it or not it was a great source of anxiety for me and i was terrified of it--i couldn't even say g-tube without breaking down hysterically.  now i am almost looking forward to it because i know all of the benefits of it and that it's not as cumbersome as i had once envisioned.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageadge1119:

i didn't know you drew that!  i've seen it alot--that's awesome!

we are on our way to being a tubie and thanks to everyone here i can honestly say that i am not scared about it anymore.  believe it or not it was a great source of anxiety for me and i was terrified of it--i couldn't even say g-tube without breaking down hysterically.  now i am almost looking forward to it because i know all of the benefits of it and that it's not as cumbersome as i had once envisioned.

That is pretty common!  I was the same way.  I fought it until the swallow study proved that it was necessary--and in hind sight--I should have done it sooner!  Good luck with it!

• Options

SIL says thank you. Looks like they anticipate having her tubie until 5 or so, but she's doing great with her g-tube. I have to PIP, she is such a sweet baby. She's the little one in dark pink with S.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am part of their group on Facebook as well.  Plus, I have your drawing in my siggy!  My DS has a g-tube.  It has been a huge blessin for us.  He is finally on the weight charts!  He has been a tubie since last November.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"