Stay at Home Moms
Options

XP: moms of a toddler and newborn

seriously, how do you do this? I posted on my local but I guess I'm just looking for a little more support...I'm like a zombie

Is it all coffee? 5hour energy shots?

My sweet boy, 21 m, is great with the baby but he is acting out toward me and dh and of course with a 2week old- the adults arent sleeping

It gets better right? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: moms of a toddler and newborn

• Options
    I don't have time to respond a lot now buy I though I'd offer you some assurance and let you know that yes, it does get better! The early days are rough, hang in there.
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yes.  It does get easier. 

My second one was born November 2nd.  I remember spending a lot of time in those early weeks putting both kids in the car and driving around "looking at Christmas lights" and drinking coffee.  Anytime I could get them both to sleep at the same time I did too.  

The two stupidest things I did were 1) take them to get Christmas photos all by myself, and 2) schedule their 1 month and 18 month pedi appointments at the same visit.  Fortunately, 1) my family thinks that pictures of running toddlers and crying babies are cute, and 2) both kids were completely healthy.  Had there been anything wrong, there was no way I could have talked about it.  

Oh, and you might want to check out the 2 under 2 board on thebump with more specific questions as well as babybunching.com.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Well, they say it's supposed to get easier.....................

Jury's still out! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The beginning is HARD, but it will get better.  I distinctly remember feeling like it was much easier at 12 weeks, then again at 6 months, and once DD2 turned a year, it felt like a different world.  But it's still hard.  It will never be the same "easy" it was with just one baby.  But it's a ton of fun, and they are growing up together close in age, which I love to sit back and watch.  Just try to get through the beginning, but also try to soak in your babies and all of their preciousness at the same time.  It goes by so quickly with the second.
    BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • Options
    Mine are 20 months apart. The last month has shown me that it actually does get better. Before this I was not convinced. I think with DD getting closer to year, I am starting to feel more in control. And she still does not STTN, not even close. I drink waaayyy too much coffee, and there are days when the TV is on a little too much. But we'll make it.

• Options

I find the baby part easy, it's the toddler and all the drama that goes along with that. It's like being pecked to death by a duck. People say it will get easier, but I think they lie.

• Options
    It does get better I am a SAHM and I have a 22 month old and a 3month old and I reasontly started online school ( i droped out after the first semester) it is really hard and even my hubby says its hard and he does it only for 2 hours max not even once a week but even though it is hard try getting them on a schedule for sleeping or write down when your kids are asleep at the same time and take a nap too, save cleaning, or anything else (not including errands) for when your man comes home, it seems to work for me. ( it didnt for a while since i was in school and my hubby was working over 70 hours a week, he was on the brink of quiting till he got time off, so it takes time and alot of patients - that most ppl dont know where it comes from) but good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"