Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

I need to stop googling...

now I'm worried I'm going to end up having an ectopic pregnancy as opposed to a MC. Google is my best friend and my worst enemy sometimes.

I'm just frustrated that I got no answers at the doctor's office and I'm not sure really what is going on. I think I know, but I don't know for sure. Ugh.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I need to stop googling...

• So sorry for your loss. :(  I would go to the doctor so he can rule out an ectopic pregnancy, then you don't need to worry.  **Hugs**
  • I think I'm going to see if another doctor will see me. Mine just said, "Your betas are going down and you're going to miscarry." She never did an ultrasound or anything. It just makes me nervous.
  • Loading the player...
  • mine initially did the same thing (though i got an u/s later since i still had it booked from when it was going to be my dating u/s and she said just keep it). she did tell me though that if i was having a lot of pain or excessive bleeding i should go to the ER as this could be a sign of ectopic. i *think* (someone please correct me if i'm wrong) that i've read that if your HCG levels aren't going down fast enough, this might also be a sign of an ectopic.

i'm sorry for your loss and that you have to go through all this uncertainty. i think if you're still worried, call your doc again and either ask for an u/s or just ask her to explain why she didn't order one in the first place. i think sometimes just knowing why they did/didn't do something is enough. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I could be wrong, but I think that if your betas are going down it wouldn't be an ectopic.  An ectopic should still rise, although not double like a regular pregnancy. I have also heard that they are typically very painful.  

It can't hurt to get an ultrasound if you suspect an ectopic.  If you are not very far along they can give you medication that will dissolve the pregnancy.  If you are too far along they may have to remove the tube that is holding the fetus.   

Sorry that you are going through this! I hope that everything turns out well. 

• I would go to a new doctor. Mine didn't explain anything to me either. She was like, "Looks like your baby isn't the size of the gestational sac. Sorry. But maybe there will be a miracle!" What?!

THEN they gave me all the paperwork we filled out (genetic history, insurance stuff) and told me to bring it back next time I got pregnant. No thanks.

I found a new doctor on Rate MD and he was great. Took his time with me, answered all my questions, etc. Now I'm still waiting to miscarry (turns out now it's a blighted ovum) but at least I know that I have someone who is willing to talk to me! I'm learning that it takes a special person to be an OB. They have to be good doctors but have good people skills too--this is a scary time and a lot can happen with a pregnancy. You want someone who isn't going to scare the crap out of you at every visit, but will still be honest. Never be afraid to get a second opinion!

Also don't feel bad about Googling. I learned a lot more from this board and Google than I did from my first OB!!

Just because it's stormy now doesn't mean you aren't headed for sunshine. -- unknown
  • Uggh, I'm sorry. DH has almost banned me from going on the computer and googling. I feel like I'm constantly trying to diagnose myself and find things that could be wrong with me by searching on google. I know it is so hard not to.

I'm sorry you are going through this and I hope you find the answers you're looking for from your doctor.

imageimageimage
    BFP #1 ~ EDD 5.20.2012 ~ MC 10.1.2011
    BFP #2 ~ EDD 11.15.2012 ~ CP 3.7.2012
    BFP #3 ~ DS born 12.03.2012

FF Chart
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagelinzy383:

I would go to a new doctor. Mine didn't explain anything to me either. She was like, "Looks like your baby isn't the size of the gestational sac. Sorry. But maybe there will be a miracle!" What?!

THEN they gave me all the paperwork we filled out (genetic history, insurance stuff) and told me to bring it back next time I got pregnant. No thanks.

I found a new doctor on Rate MD and he was great. Took his time with me, answered all my questions, etc. Now I'm still waiting to miscarry (turns out now it's a blighted ovum) but at least I know that I have someone who is willing to talk to me! I'm learning that it takes a special person to be an OB. They have to be good doctors but have good people skills too--this is a scary time and a lot can happen with a pregnancy. You want someone who isn't going to scare the crap out of you at every visit, but will still be honest. Never be afraid to get a second opinion!

Also don't feel bad about Googling. I learned a lot more from this board and Google than I did from my first OB!!

My dr was wonderful but I wonder if she even wants to see OB patients. (She's a GP.) Therefore, I set up an appointment with an OB who is interested in finding out if we have a reason for this happening and helping us make a plan to fix this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"