Attachment Parenting
Options

Bedsharing

Hello,

At what age was your LO when you decided to stop bedsharing?  We currently are besharing with my 3.5 year old DD and 1.5 year old DS. 

Thanks!

Re: Bedsharing

• Options
    We stopped at 20 months with my oldest. I was not ready but my DH wanted the bed kid free since my son would move around a lot when he slept and woke DH a lot. We moved my DS out to his own room which worked well since he sleeps 7pm-7am now. However, within a few days of moving my DS, my DD started going through nighttime separation anxiety and refused to sleep in her crib. So we ended up trading kids and my DH still doesn't have his own bed. Wink
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My DD still sleeps in the bed with me, and she is almost 3.5. I plan on making her a "big girl room" in the next couple of months, and hope she'll transition to her own bed before LO arrives, but honestly, if she wants to keep sleeping with us, she can. I am just worried about her sleep being interrupted by the baby.
    BabyName Ticker imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD#1 started going to sleep on a floor bed in our room at 18 months, when she woke she would join us in the big bed.  She moved to her own room at about 2.5 in preparation for out new babe.  She has a double bed and half way through the night she comes and gets DH and he spends the rest of the night in with her.  She is a bit over 3 now.  I remember sleeping with my mum up until I was 8.  My brothers and I took turns in her bed.
    Children should be seen, and heard, and believed. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"