Trying to Get Pregnant

Advil and TTC AGAIN

I know we just talked about this, and I know that nothing is conclusive. However for those who believe it is best to not take Advil while TTC due to its possible effect on implantation when do you recommend taking your last does? Is there a point during the month that it still would be safe, as long as you done by a certain time?

Re: Advil and TTC AGAIN

• I would stop taking it at ovulation. Switch to acetaminophen after that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just don't take it at all and stick to Tylenol. If you really wanted to take Advil, I agree with BV and would only take it up to ovulation. 
    I would stop taking it at ovulation. Switch to acetaminophen after that.

This.  Acetaminophen doesn't usually work for me though. :( 

Baking Blog | TTC Blog | Pinterest
    TTC #1 since October 2010 | Began Testing in January 2012
    DH SA - low motility with 0% morph; varicocele (repaired); low T (on Clomid)
    IVF w/ICSI (long Lupron w/ Repronex and Follistim) in September 2012

imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imageShayliz:
    I just don't take it at all and stick to Tylenol. If you really wanted to take Advil, I agree with BV and would only take it up to ovulation. 

This. I'd rather just be totally safe.

• I hate this "rule."  I am having a horrible tooth situation (my very first cavity/filling ever might need a root canal) and it is killing me only taking Tylenol!
    My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

• imageShayliz:
    I just don't take it at all and stick to Tylenol. If you really wanted to take Advil, I agree with BV and would only take it up to ovulation. 

Yes This

I was always an Advil/prescription NSAID girl because tylenol did nothing for my back pain but since TTC I have completely switched to Tylenol. I've only had to take it once or twice when the Tylenol wasn't cutting it and those times were prior to O.

• I would just take tylenol and be safe, when I was pregnant with my first I used to get terrible headaches, and since tylenol is all you can take I was miserable, but then my OB told me to take them with some caffine, like 1/2 a can of coke, it worked so good thats all I do since then. I guess the caffine helps in some way, not sure, but worth a try, its not a huge ammount so it shouldnt do any harm, def better then advil.
    My Blog
    My BFP Chart
    Beta #1 11DPO 45 Beta#2 13DPO 137 Beta #3 20DPO 2551 Beta #4 16,115 26DPO
    DS 11.11.08 / DD 12.05.09 / DD 7.24.12
    Formerly known as Mrs.Boom
  • I wouldn't take it before O either. I took it for about 6 days straight, prior to O this past cycle and it pretty much screwed up my cycle. It was the only thing I did differently so I'm pretty sure it's to blame. It look slike I geared up to O but didn't, no CM the entire month, and AF came 6 days early. I refuse to take even one Advil anymore, it just isn't worth it to me.
  • imageShayliz:

This

After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"