Philadelphia Babies
Options

Bryn Mawr Birth Center u/s question

For those who have used Bryn Mawr: 

I would love to go there and have set up a first appt (for 8w4d).  I saw in previous posts that they don't have an u/s, just a doppler.  And it seems like dopplers don't usually pick up heartbeats that early.

So my question is, how do they tell that the pregnancy is viable at the first appt? Were you given a referral for an u/s right away?  

DS#1: 6/30/12 
Ectopic 5w5d / Twin Blighted Ovums 7weeks
BFP! Due 1/28/16

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bryn Mawr Birth Center u/s question

• Options
    I never had a problem getting sonograms early on. I don't remember scheduling any until 21 weeks, but I know I had some. I preferred the doppler anyway since the none of the waves are comfortable for the babe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    thanks for the info!
    DS#1: 6/30/12 
    Ectopic 5w5d / Twin Blighted Ovums 7weeks
    BFP! Due 1/28/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I go to the Penn midwives and they only have a doppler as well. I went to an 8 week  u/s and the 20 week u/s, and every other time they use the doppler. That seems to be fairly common in this area. . .(and I've heard great things about TBC as well).
  • Options
    I'm currently at the Birth Center.  Like pp said, they do an internal and will try with the doppler for a heartbeat.  They couldn't find one my first visit.  I asked for a referral for an u/s because I miscarried a previous pregnancy and the only way they knew was on an ultrasound.  They were willing to oblige and gave me one for peace of mind.  You can always ask.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"