March 2012 Moms

NBR- I need help choosing a paint color!

I've recently started fixing up the house that DH and I are moving in to. I've already picked out all the colors of the walls, except for the kitchen. I have NO idea what color schemes would be good in a kitchen for walls, and cabinets. I'd love the kitchen to be contemporary with a little touch of a fun color, any suggestions?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: NBR- I need help choosing a paint color!

• It's hard to help IMO without knowing what the other colors are in the house.  I believe that there should be some kind of consistency throughout (not necessarily the same colors but certainly complementary, especially with rooms that are near each other).
  • I love a soft, light gray for kitchens - any color you use will really pop, and it's much more interesting than cream or white.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebooks4brooke:
    It's hard to help IMO without knowing what the other colors are in the house.  I believe that there should be some kind of consistency throughout (not necessarily the same colors but certainly complementary, especially with rooms that are near each other).

I agree. The rest of the house will be neutral colors (Beige, white, light blue) except for the nursery.  Floors are a creme color carpet and kitchen will soon be white tiled.

• imageMrsMincks:
    I love a soft, light gray for kitchens - any color you use will really pop, and it's much more interesting than cream or white.

That's a big one I was thinking about. I LOVE gray-blue colors and was really considering it for the kitchen. But I kind of wanted it for the living room. So i couldnt decide lol. 

• The colors we have for our living room-kitchen are an eggplant purple and olive green, but that's not really modern!  I think red/black kitchens are kind of cool.
  • imagelauranoelle09:

imageMrsMincks:
    I love a soft, light gray for kitchens - any color you use will really pop, and it's much more interesting than cream or white.

That's a big one I was thinking about. I LOVE gray-blue colors and was really considering it for the kitchen. But I kind of wanted it for the living room. So i couldnt decide lol. 

My mom did a neat stucco in her kitchen in a sort of cardboard-box brown...MUCH prettier than it sounds. It's a nice color for a kitchen. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our kitchen is painted Yarmouth Blue (Benjamin Moore) and we have all white accents-it gives the kitchen a nice pop of color without over doing it. We also have white wainscoting on the lower half of the walls. Here is a link of the color:

https://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/for-your-home/color-gallery?cd=HC-150&col=HC#ce_s=yarm

Good luck!

Married DH 6.6.09
    BFP#1 6.12.10 EDD 2.20.11 MMC 8.10.10 D&C 8.11.10
    BFP#2 7.17.11 EDD 3.11.12 DS Born 3.17.12
    BFP#3 10.30.14 EDD 7.10.14 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    http://i62.tinypic.com/r0614p.gif  movie animated GIF  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We decided to do a retro '70's kitchen, and then BOOM, that look was all over the design shows.

So I'm partial to like a pea green for an accent wall, with white cabinets/tiles.

image  image  image

• imageMar11th:

Our kitchen is painted Yarmouth Blue (Benjamin Moore) and we have all white accents-it gives the kitchen a nice pop of color without over doing it. We also have white wainscoting on the lower half of the walls. Here is a link of the color:

https://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/for-your-home/color-gallery?cd=HC-150&col=HC#ce_s=yarm

Good luck!

I love this! I think this is exactly what I wanted. Plus the link shows the blue with brick, and we have brick above the sink and stove. I really like it together, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"