Trying to Get Pregnant

Husband's SA

Tomorrow is my husband's SA and I'm wondering if any of you ladies that have gone through this with your husbands have any advice on how to handle this. So far he has not wanted to talk about it at all, which is fine. But since it's tomorrow morning we need to go over a few of the details so I'm dreading tonight and waiting to see if he'll bring it up or if I'll have to.

We live close enough to the lab that he can just bring it in on the way to work (yay for no skeevy private room!) and it'll have been 2 1/2 days since we've had sex. Is that how long you all waited? The instructions said to abstain for 2-7days but we had a really rough week last week, so it was either going to be 2 1/2 days or 8. 

I really want to be there for him tomorrow...this is our first thing we're testing and so it's new for both of us. I'm planning a really great dinner for tomorrow and just letting him know that I'm there for him, but not pushing talking about it. Am I missing anything else? T&P for us this week would be appreciated!  Thanks ladies. 

IAmPregnant Ticker image

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Husband's SA

• Not much to talk about really unless the results don't come back well. My husband didn't have anything to say about it prior to the analysis and everything came back fine so other than being happy for that - there was no discussion.

eta: We waited 2 or 3 days for the analysis so 2.5 should be fine.  

• My DH has an ppt next Monday.  He doesn't talk about it either so I just leave it alone.  We went to the urologist together and he appreciated the support.  My DH can collect his sample at home too so he is at least happy about that.

TTC#1 since April 2011
    IVF#1 July 2012 5R, 3 made it to blast, sET c/p
    FET#1 Aug 2012 2 blasts transferred BFN
    IVF#2 Oct 2012
    16R/6M/6F/2-8 cell grade 1 transfer
    Beta 1-237.9, Beta 2-566, Beta 3-8657
    US 6w3d shows one baby w/ HB 115
    US 7w1d no more heartbeat/ D&C 11/30/12 normal karyotype
    IVF#3 Mar 2013
    6R/4M/4F 1 compacting and 2-8 cell transfer
    ectopic pg MTX given 3 month break from TTC

IVF#4 Sept 2013--BFN
    IVF#5-7 Apr 2014, Jun 2014 and Aug 2014 banking embryos for CCS testing. Praying for normals! Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageimage

http://i61.tinypic.com/34zll06
  • Loading the player...
  • imageShayliz:

Not much to talk about really unless the results don't come back well. My husband didn't have anything to say about it prior to the analysis and everything came back fine so other than being happy for that - there was no discussion.

eta: We waited 2 or 3 days for the analysis so 2.5 should be fine.  

This is definitely what we're hoping for!  

IAmPregnant Ticker image

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My DH just did an SA and we waited 2 1/2 days as well.  Last activity was on a Sunday and he went in on a Wednesday. 

My H discussed concern about results because we recently found out he has low testosterone, but everything came back normal. 

Fingers crossed everything works out for you!

• 2.5 days is a good abstinence time.  We didn't really talk about it before because we had it done the first day we met with our RE so we didn't know it was coming.  I think you are doing a good thing by not forcing him to talk about it.  Good luck!

MFI, Lap on 7/21/11 - Stage III/IV Endo and Polyps removed by D&C
    IVF #1 with ICSI - ER 1/20 (16R, 12M, 10F), ET 1/23 (1-10 cell and 1-8cell transferred), BFP on 1/31 Beta #1 on 2/3 = 68, Beta #2 on 2/6 = 261 EDD 10/12/12  
    Baby girl born 9/22/12

FET #1 - 9/16/13 - BFN

IVF #2 - ER 11/11/13 (24R, 18M, 16F), ET 11/16 (2 Grade A blasts)
    BFP on 11/23 Beta #1 = 76 EDD 8/2/14

• Thanks for the input ladies! FX for tomorrow!! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker image

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"