Cloth Diapering

Would you let a mom that uses dreft borrow your dipes?

I won't need my Fuzzibunz OS dipes until well after baby comes in December so I decided to let a mom at church give them a test run since she CDs.  She said she uses "baby detergent, no dyes, chemicals, or fragrances".  I just wanted to make sure it was okay for her to wash it in this before I handed them over with no other instructions.  I think she uses GDiapers so I guess that's what she's been using on them.....  Thanks mamas!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Would you let a mom that uses dreft borrow your dipes?

• Dreft is too mild to really get them clean. 
    imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Gawd no.  That stuff has so much perfume and additives it's disgusting.  I sort of feel sorry for the people that fall for the hype.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagepixy_stix:
    Gawd no.  That stuff has so much perfume and additives it's disgusting.  I sort of feel sorry for the people that fall for the hype.

ha! I was given a small bottle of it. I opened it up, got a whiff of the extream baby powder scent and threw it out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd let her use them as long as she was willing to use a different detergent (heck, if she was only using them a few times to try fit or something I'd probably provide the detergent).  I'm really sensitive to detergent perfumes, though, and I think Dreft smells like ick and not being able to breathe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd lend them only if she promises to use a CD safe detergent, definitely not Dreft.

Check out this Bumpie Business List .

• imagekissntell:
    I'd lend them only if she promises to use a CD safe detergent, definitely not Dreft.

Same here.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep, Dreft gets a big no for me. Maybe if she was borrowing clothes, but not dipes. I need them to work.
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • Dreft would get a big no from me, too.

When I loaned diapers to someone, I typed up "proper care" instructions and gave her the detergent I use. (She was using my dipes as a trial to see if she liked cloth, so she didn't have any previous experience or anything.)

I would probably do it that way again, even it was someone who wasn't a newb to cloth, just b/c we all have our own way of caring for our diapers. Hopefully they would be understanding and not think I was overbearing or picky!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"