Trying to Get Pregnant

New to GTKY

Is it fair game for anyone to post a GTKY post? I'm a newbie but enjoy getting to know everyone so thought I would give it a try... I am in the veterinary field and love to hear about everyones furry babies! What pets do you have?

Re: New to GTKY

• Yes, it is fair game! :) Welcome to the board.  I don't have any pets here with me, but I have a dog that lives with my parents in Chicago. He was our family dog so I couldn't steal him with me when I moved. He's a german shepherd/rott/lab mix and is a big goofy baby. 

I also have a maine *** mix at my parents, he was too mean when he lived inside, so he stayed at their house, since he prefers to live outside. And another beagle named Emma.  She is obessed with my father, so while she is actually my dog, I couldn't take her when I moved out.

• Loading the player...
  • We have a golden retriever named Harlow. She and I share a birthday- January 31. She'll be 2 in January, and I'll be 29. She's a love, though a little nutty and still prone to peeing when she gets excited or meets new people! 
    "Oh for sh!ts sake."- my 84 year old grandma. Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hello! I'm no stranger to the TTGP board but haven't been around lately and I don't recognize many people... which is a good thing :)

I have an almost 2 year old soft coated wheaten terrier. He is the apple of my eye! See siggy.

Welcome, by the way!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome to the board. We rescued a 2 yr old boxer named Isis about 3 months or so ago from a shelter. It is our first pet together so she is definitely our little baby!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageShayliz:
    Yes, it is fair game! :) Welcome to the board.  I don't have any pets here with me, but I have a dog that lives with my parents in Chicago. He was our family dog so I couldn't steal him with me when I moved. He's a german shepherd/rott/lab mix and is a big goofy baby. 
    Not sure if I am doing this correct to quote someone and respond... So here goes nothing ...shepherd/rotti/ lab mix sounds cute!
  • Hi and welcome! I have a 3 yeard old Golden Retriever named Cooper (pic in siggy). He is the biggest cuddle-bug and such a sweetheart, he will always be my first baby.
    TTC #1 05/2011- 04/2012; TTA  05/12- 05/14 due to DH health problems, nursing school. TTC #1 (again) since 05/2014. CP 08/04/14 at 4w3d 

• imagemacy42:

Hello! I'm no stranger to the TTGP board but haven't been around lately and I don't recognize many people... which is a good thing :)

I have an almost 2 year old soft coated wheaten terrier. He is the apple of my eye! See siggy.

Welcome, by the way!

What a handsome boy! Love their personalities!
  • imagenbalkin:
    Welcome to the board. We rescued a 2 yr old boxer named Isis about 3 months or so ago from a shelter. It is our first pet together so she is definitely our little baby!
    Yeah a fellow boxer family! We also have a boxer rescue who is now 3! She was also our first pet together! We now also have a 6 year old cavalier! Both of ours came from rescue.
  • Proud momma to three fur babies - a five year old kitty, a 14 year old long haired dachsund and our newest addition, a three month old boxer puppy! The dogs have finally settled down for the night = happy me!
  • imageMzbr:
    imagemacy42:

Hello! I'm no stranger to the TTGP board but haven't been around lately and I don't recognize many people... which is a good thing :)

Welcome, by the way!

Thanks! That's what I call him... my handsome boy! haha

He has quite the personality that's for sure. It's funny most of the time but boy oh boy there are times when I have to give him the MAJOR side eye! ha

• Mommy to a 6 year old Siamese with lots of personality! Smile
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • imagemacy42:
    imageMzbr:
    imagemacy42:

Welcome, by the way!

He has quite the personality that's for sure. It's funny most of the time but boy oh boy there are times when I have to give him the MAJOR side eye! ha

I see your also in Pa. We don't see alot of wheaten terriers in my area. All that I have met are sweet but yes a few of them are a little naughty!
  • My fur baby isn't actually a pet. I raise guide dogs, so my puppy is a 10-month-old yellow lab guide dog in training. He goes everywhere with me and loves all of the attention he gets. I'll have my boy until the spring when he'll go into formal training. This is my fourth puppy to raise. I love the training process, but the goodbyes stink. Thankfully, seeing them partnered and changing a life makes it all worth it in the end.
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • We have a 9 year old Australian sheppard (Frank), 5 year old great dane (Velma), and a dilute tortoise shell cat that I have had for six years who is between 8 and 10 years old according to the vet (Buttercup...named by shelter lady but she answers to it so I kept it!).
  • We have a tiger cat nicknamed Rooster (because she's always waking us up) who is ~7.5 years old. She was intentionally left behind in my old neighborhood when her former people moved so we adopted her at the end of the summer of 2005. She's a total lap cat and very friendly, loves people and not aloof at all. She's also FIV+ (although asymptomatic) so unfortunately we can't get a second cat.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • hello:-) I have a golden retriever, named Cody, aka Boo-Boo. Yesterday was his birthday and he turned 8! He's spoiled rotten, as handsome as they get, and I'm pretty sure he thinks he's human. 
    *TW, Child and loss mentioned*

Me: 28, DH: 28
    Married February 2011
    DS born October 2012
    TTC #2 since April 2014
    BFP February 2015, ectopic/ruptured, right tube removed
    RE consult January 2016
    Secondary infertility, Severe MFI(double varicocele, low count, 0% morph)
    IUI- March 2016, BFN
    IVF #1- July/Aug 2016(Antagonist protocol), 30 eggs retrieved, 21 mature,
            17 fertilized via ICSI, but 0 made it to blast
    IVF #2 in January/February 2017(Long lupron protocol)

• Welcome!

I have two cats (pics in siggy).

Isadora is about 15 years old and I've had her since she was a kitten.  We recently found out that she has chronic renal failure :o(, so we're learning how to navigate that.  We currently give her subcutaneous fluids twice a week (well, it's supposed to be twice a week, it ends up being more like when we remember).  She still seems to be comfortable and not having issues other than the occasional UTI, so that's what we're using to gauge whether or not we want to continue treatment or make the difficult decision to say goodbye.  

Spot is somewhere around 12 years old, but I found her as a stray and at that time the vet guessed she was about 9 months old. So, we're not exactly sure how old she is.  She's my little fat, cross-eyed cat (13 lbs) and I love her to pieces.  

Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a 3 year-old basset hound. He's black and white, which is kind of rare, and he's a ton of fun! His ears are about 10 inches long, and he weighs 65 lbs. He's all skin, ears, and muscle on these short little legs.
  • imageMeow84:

imageAp21ril:
    Hi and welcome! I have a 3 yeard old Golden Retriever named Cooper (pic in siggy). He is the biggest cuddle-bug and such a sweetheart, he will always be my first baby.

Our golden is named Cooper too Big Smile

It's a great name for a Golden Retriever Geeked

TTC #1 05/2011- 04/2012; TTA  05/12- 05/14 due to DH health problems, nursing school. TTC #1 (again) since 05/2014. CP 08/04/14 at 4w3d 

• I have 2 boxers that are the loves of my life (other than DH of course ) :) Riley is 5 and Miles is 3.image

• We have the 2 pugs in my siggy.  Moby has been with us for almost 10 years, since he was 7 weeks old and Angus is a rescue we've had for the past 6 years since he was 4.  My boys get along so well together, and are the best little cuddle heaters in our cold Canadian winters.
  • imageMzbr:
    imagemacy42:
    imageMzbr:
    imagemacy42:

Welcome, by the way!

I see your also in Pa. We don't see alot of wheaten terriers in my area. All that I have met are sweet but yes a few of them are a little naughty!

You bet! I live in NW PA. How about you? 

He is super sweet. He's becoming more of a lap dog everyday! 

• I have Denver who is all white looks like a white fox we get compliments all the time about him (As if I made him..). He's American Eskimo the little white fluffy dogs and lab so he's a big version of the American Eskimo. I also have Jackson who is all black and is lab and border collie he is the sweetest dog ever and he is super loving :O) I love my boys! I'm a house full of boys.. that's why it's time for a baby girl!
  • Welcome to the board!  My furabies are in my siggy. Toto (left) is a toy poodle amd Spemcer (right) is a maltipoo.
    My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

• I'm a veterinay technician and frequently have fosters. Right now I have just my babies in the house. They include Gambit, my border collie, Peach, my Chihuahua, Pugsly, my Himalayan cat, and Cricket my rabbit. They make me smile every day!
    BabyFruit Ticker

PCOS--TTC since 11/2010:   
    5 cycles of Clomid: all BFN, 1 cycle of Follistim:CP
    1 year break thanks to deployment.
    1 cycle Follistim: BFN, Lap to remove peritubal cyst May 2013
    2 cycles Follistim + trigger: BFN, Gonal F +IUI April 2014: BFP!!!!!! 

Boy/Girl Twins due Jan 5, 2015!!! 

• My dogs and cat are in my siggy. Deogee passed away 7 months ago. Now I have a blue nose pit, Meeka, our cat, Kitana, and two gerbils, Itchy & Scratchy.
  • I"m a little late to the post, but we have the 2 pups in our siggy, Duchess is our rescued Mastiff who we think is about 8 yrs old ( we rescued her 2 days before christmas in 2006)  and Shadow is our shepherd/chow mix who is 11. (We got her from my hubby's coworker who found her on the street at about 3 mos old)

I also do foster care for the Mastiff rescue we got Duchess from :)

• Welcome to the board!

We have a border 5 border collie/chow named Abby and a 4 year old cat named Indy.  

Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Welcome! I'm a newbie too and I love the GTKY posts!

We have a 4 year old kitty named Louie that we saved from a dumpster at 3 weeks old. He is the definition of a "scaredy cat" and he doesn't like many people! He has ruled our house since the day we got him though. Little stinker!

• None. Sad

We live in an apartment, so we don't have any pets yet. When we get a bigger place, I want to get a dog. My kiddo loves "doggies," and my husband desperately wants a dog!

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• I have two Boston Terriers....little terrors but I cant help but to love them to pieces! Bella (NOT named after Twilight!!) is a mommas girl and so hyper, and Skeeter is our lazy sluggy adorable little chubbster..love em both!
  • Welcome! I love the GTKY threads :) I have a 5 year old black lab... biggest goofball you'll ever meet. Way too smart for his own good, too.
    imageimage
    Me: 30, DH: 33 Married 8/3/08
    BFP 7/16/2012 (8th cycle), EDD 3/27/2012, Delivered 3/24/2013 - IT'S A BOY!
  • Welcome to the board!

Our furbaby is the love of our lives. Our boxer baby, Phoenix just turned 5 on Sunday....not sure where the time has gone!

• Welcome to the board! I love seeing everyone's furbabies & it makes me feel a little better that I'm not the only one who is slightly obsessed with their pet Big Smile

My puppadoo is in my siggy - Leo will be three in a couple weeks and he is a wirehaired pointing griffon. Love him to death!

• imageJMarie725:
    My dogs and cat are in my siggy. Deogee passed away 7 months ago. Now I have a blue nose pit, Meeka, our cat, Kitana, and two gerbils, Itchy & Scratchy.

We have a blue nose pit too (her name is Diamond)!  We also have two cats, both females, Oreo is a tuxedo cat (she's my loud mouth-she's always "talking" to me) and Penny our little orange tabby (the treat thief! She finds the bag of treats and runs away with them).

DH is still finishing up with night classes so they keep me company while he's gone (and fight over who gets to lay in my lap for the night!). They are all three completely spoiled rotten...not sure how they're going to take a BFP Wink

• Our beagle, Ace, is in my siggy.  Love him!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • We have two cats, Zoey is 9 and was mine way before I met MH.  Last spring we took in Vinny, a stray that showed up on our deck and wouldn't leave.  We tried to find his owner but no luck, so we kept him because I couldn't bear to think of him being put down.

Edit: The vet thinks Vinny is about 3, so he still has his kitten ways of getting in trouble (digging in the trash, eating crumbs of food in the sink).  Zoey had long outgrown those and has been a very nice, calm kitty for the last several years, but now is taking after all of Vinny's bad behavior.  But I still love them to pieces.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• imagecurlylocks3:
    We have a tiger cat nicknamed Rooster (because she's always waking us up) who is ~7.5 years old. She was intentionally left behind in my old neighborhood when her former people moved so we adopted her at the end of the summer of 2005. She's a total lap cat and very friendly, loves people and not aloof at all. She's also FIV+ (although asymptomatic) so unfortunately we can't get a second cat.
    That's really giving of you to take in an fiv positive cat! It can be very hard to place them! If you were ever interested in a second cat you could contact a rescue or your local vet, sometimes we look for home for fiv positive cats. In the mean time I'm sure she is loving the one on one attention !
  • imagebookworm982:
    My fur baby isn't actually a pet. I raise guide dogs, so my puppy is a 10-month-old yellow lab guide dog in training. He goes everywhere with me and loves all of the attention he gets. I'll have my boy until the spring when he'll go into formal training. This is my fourth puppy to raise. I love the training process, but the goodbyes stink. Thankfully, seeing them partnered and changing a life makes it all worth it in the end.
    You are a bigger person than I. Our boxer became a certified canine good citizen and we trained with some assistance dogs and I loved watching them. You have a very big heart!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"