Austin Babies
Options

My Twin Girls are almost 2 weeks old and

they have me up all night because their paci's fall out every 15 minutes.  AAAHH. 

During the day, they don't care if they fall out.  They might whimper a little, but they sooth themselves back to sleep without it.  At night, I will let them whimper and whine, but it turns into an all out cry.  I have to go put it back in.  I am not even getting an hour of full sleep, hell much less 30 minutes. 

Suggestions? 

People have said "Take it away now!" but how do I do that when the hospital got them hooked (I was there are almost 5 days) and we have been using them ever since. 

I am begging for advice or suggestions.

Thanks!

Re: My Twin Girls are almost 2 weeks old and

• Options

Tape it to their face.

Kidding.  But how awesome would it be if we could actually do that?!

I have no advice, DS didn't really take to his bink until he was 4-5 months old.

Have you tried different ones?

• Options

Congrats girl!

Sorry about the pacis. Jack did the same thing! He couldn't keep the ones the hospital gave in his little mouth and he still hates them. We ended up using the NUK ones and the angle of the nipple seemed to fit in his mouth the best. 

It might get a bit pricy but you might try different ones to see what/if anything works best. 

I hope things get better soon and you get some sleep. 

HugsLeft Hug

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree with others to try different pacis. Although we did also have this problem, some were better.  We went with a larger paci anyway (on the recc of the LC).  The green soothie ones seemed hopeless.

Good luck!! 

Photo by Melissa Glynn
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageJayandJack:

It might get a bit pricy but you might try different ones to see what/if anything works best. 

I hope things get better soon and you get some sleep. 

HugsLeft Hug

This. Try a few new ones. Hopefully you can find one each girl can hold on to long enough to get soundly to sleep.

It DOES get better. The first weeks are hard, and I can't imagine with two. It will be easier and you will sleep again, I promise.

Congratulations!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"