Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Is it ok to water down pedialyte?

I have been trying to get DD to drink pedialyte since she has the flu and isnt eating or drinking very much at all.  She will not drink the pedialyte.  Do you think it is ok to water it down a little to help with the taste?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is it ok to water down pedialyte?

• Options
    I think it tastes pretty bad and you can water down gatorade to give her instead, she may take to that better.
  • Options
    I don't think you should.  The bottle says not to dilute it. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMandJS:
    I wouldn't water it down. I know they make pedialyte otter pop things and S will eat those whereas she won't drink the pedialyte itself. If you don't have any, you can try making your own pedialyte popsicle...

She wont eat anything super cold like a popsicle.  I have tried.  I guess I will go get some gatorade and water it down.  I would just let her drink water but the dr said she needs to electrolites that are in pedialyte or gatorade.  I hope she starts feeling better soon.  This is no fun!

• Options
    My DD won't drink the flavored pedialyte. So we get the unflavored. Tastes like water. She loves it.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageNana_Osaki06:
    My DD won't drink the flavored pedialyte. So we get the unflavored. Tastes like water. She loves it.

Oh I will have to try that.  I just assumed unflavored meant she would not like it. 

• Options
    Our Dr. said it was okay to dilute it a bit. But, it's also better cold. Are you serving cold or at room temp?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker BFP 04/15/2011; M/C 04/21/2011 Sleep with Jesus sweet baby.
  • Options

imageZoeyMarie:
    Our Dr. said it was okay to dilute it a bit. But, it's also better cold. Are you serving cold or at room temp?

Cold

• Options
    Coconut water has a ton of electrolytes.  Our pediatrician recommends it over Pedialyte or sports drinks.  Maybe she would like that better?  I don't like the plain, but little man drank it.  You can also find it fruit flavored.  It's in the natural food section of most grocery stores.
  • Options

imageNana_Osaki06:

This for us too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"