Cloth Diapering

Starting Up My Stash... will this do?

I am going to start purchasing my CD's now so I won't have to worry about it once I get pregnant. I have been reading a lot around these necks of the woods, and on other CD blogs and was wondering if you knowledgeable ladies could tell me if this would be a good stash to have for baby, one day. I am trying to wrap my mind around this now so i don't have to stress then, not to mention have to buy everything all at once! Thanks girls :)

8 XS Thristies Covers

10 Newborn Kissaluv's Fitteds

15 BG NB

4 FB NB

6 Happy Heiney OS

6 BG 4.0 OS- 5 extra Inserts- 12 stay dry doublers

6 FB OS

5 Kawaii OS 

5 BB OS- 12 extra inserts- 4 L/S & 2 Overnight L/S

10 hemp doublers (5 L/S)

9 Knickernappies Inserts (3 S/M/L)

2 Diaper pail liners

2 S Planet Wise WB, 2 M Planet Wise WB

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Starting Up My Stash... will this do?

• Wow! That is quite the stash! I think you should be good to go... You might want a few prefolds. You have so many NB covers that you could use them if you run out of the others. Once my LO outgrew the prefolds, I use them as burp cloths and on the changing table just in case de decides to go while I am changing him. It sure beats having to change the entire changing pad cover. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Honestly, if you're still TTC I'd make a list of the things you want and then keep an eye out for sales.  You could probably save a lot of money picking things up here and there, and you're not going to need them for a while.  Otherwise, I'd second the recommendation for a few prefolds and a snappi or two; they're really easy to use, and they're versatile.  Also, I highly recommend getting some cloth wipes.  If you're already doing diaper laundry, they're barely any more work, and they're SO much more effective than disposables.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebrittas:
    Wow! That is quite the stash! I think you should be good to go... You might want a few prefolds. You have so many NB covers that you could use them if you run out of the others. Once my LO outgrew the prefolds, I use them as burp cloths and on the changing table just in case de decides to go while I am changing him. It sure beats having to change the entire changing pad cover. 

I seem slightly befuzzeled with prefolds currently. I think they are a great product, but I haven't quite taken an understanding to them. I will def. do some more homework and add some to my list. Thanks!!

• imagebethandjoe09:
    Honestly, if you're still TTC I'd make a list of the things you want and then keep an eye out for sales.  You could probably save a lot of money picking things up here and there, and you're not going to need them for a while.  Otherwise, I'd second the recommendation for a few prefolds and a snappi or two; they're really easy to use, and they're versatile.  Also, I highly recommend getting some cloth wipes.  If you're already doing diaper laundry, they're barely any more work, and they're SO much more effective than disposables.

I will def. be buying these as they go on sale. I am going to keep my eye on kellyscloset for some awesome sales. Anywhere else I should watch?

I also have cloth wipes on my list of items to purchase-Thirsties Fab Wipes to be precise! Do you recommend these?

Thanks!

• Stupid question... if I bought some of the Bummis prefolds, I could use the thirsties covers with they... right?

ETA: Would 12 work? How many would you suggest?

• 36 nb diapers would be ideal. So if you got 12 newborn prefolds (green mountain daipers are highly recommended). You could use your 10 klo, both of those require covers, but I think 4-6 covers would probably sufficient. Some people have been recommended little lions fitteds, since she is going out of business those could be much cheaper than kl0s. If you're following the math, that leaves 14 more diapers. So you could reduce the number of BGs if you wanted. Or eliminate the FBs.
  • imageLilyMonster2010:
    36 nb diapers would be ideal. So if you got 12 newborn prefolds (green mountain daipers are highly recommended). You could use your 10 klo, both of those require covers, but I think 4-6 covers would probably sufficient. Some people have been recommended little lions fitteds, since she is going out of business those could be much cheaper than kl0s. If you're following the math, that leaves 14 more diapers. So you could reduce the number of BGs if you wanted. Or eliminate the FBs.

Where would I find these??

• imagemacy42:

imageLilyMonster2010:
    36 nb diapers would be ideal. So if you got 12 newborn prefolds (green mountain daipers are highly recommended). You could use your 10 klo, both of those require covers, but I think 4-6 covers would probably sufficient. Some people have been recommended little lions fitteds, since she is going out of business those could be much cheaper than kl0s. If you're following the math, that leaves 14 more diapers. So you could reduce the number of BGs if you wanted. Or eliminate the FBs.

Where would I find these??

Here. Also, you should wait until your LO arrives to buy more than one or two of each of the OS diapers. We tried several different brands and there were only two that worked for our LO. My favorite cloth wipes are the ones I made with one side flannel and the other side terry cloth. You probably won't need 8 covers, as they don't need to be washed every time they're used.

• Not to be rude, but I cannot believe you are this into cloth diapering and you aren't pregnant yet.  It took me 3 years to conceive, and having hundreds of dollars worth of cloth diapers in the house would have been salt in the wound.  Wait until you get pregnant to buy this stuff- pregnancies can feel very long and it's nice to have something baby-related to "work" on while you're pregnant. Just my 2 cents, I guess.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"