Infertility

What's the longest it's taken you to have a cyst shrink?

I went in for my baseline u/s for my first IVF a week and a half ago. I was so excited and ready to get started! But, of course, they found a 3cm cyst on my ovary. Hooray. So I had to wait a week and a half for it to shrink, stay on the BCP, and then go back in for a check on it. In that week and a half I was very crampy, spotting, uncomfortable- everything that goes along with a cyst shrinking. I go back today to confirm that it's gone and... it's still there! I was so pissed! The nurse said, "Well, it is shrinking, so that's good. It's headed in the right direction." I asked her how big it was and she said that it's just under 3cms. Are you kidding me??? A week and a half of awful cramps and spotting and it didn't even shrink 1/4 of a cm???

I'm obviously very frustrated, disappointed, and having a huge pity party for myself. The nurse said it would go away on it's own. I asked what if it doesn't? She said that it might become a non-functional cyst that doesn't produce estrogen and in that case we could start stimming. She never mentioned the option of cyst aspiration. If at my next baseline it hasn't shrunk significantly then I am going to ask about cyst aspiration.

What's the longest it's ever taken you to have a cyst shrink?

Re: What's the longest it's taken you to have a cyst shrink?

• I had a few cysts with my first cycle, but only one was holding things up.  I stayed on BCPs for one extra week and it disappeared.  I know it's frustrating, and I hope yours shrinks soon.  GL!
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry that cyst is causing so much trouble. I would definitely ask about cyst aspiration. It was mentioned to me before they discovered my cyst was non-functional at baseline for IVF 1.1. The RE said it was easy and a quick resolution. Good luck!

TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"