Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How can you tell if it's thrush if your LO spits up often?

DS has been spitting up 2-3 times in between feedings and seems to always have white in his mouth. I'm concerned it could be thrush tonight because it seems to always look white, is there anything that could help me tell the difference?

P.S. He also has a diaper rash but has super sensitive skin and has since he was born... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How can you tell if it's thrush if your LO spits up often?

• In your LO, it could be thrush if the white stuff doesn't wipe off.  Another possible symptom is if LO fusses at feedings because it could be painful.  However, it's easier to diagnose thrush in you than your LO.  I had it bad and experienced burning in my nipples, which spread to shooting pain throughout my breasts.  Even though I had a pretty severe case, DD never presented with symptoms so it is possible for one of you to have it and not the other.  On the other hand, it's much more common for you to be passing it back and forth between yourself and LO.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I thought my LO had thrush b/c her tongue was always white and she had diaper rash.  (She has very sensitive skin as well.) Two different Dr's looked at her and said she was fine.  They both said that with actual thrush, they usually have white spots in other places in their mouths and not just the tongue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"