1st Trimester
Options

First Prenatal Went Amazing

Hello Everyone,

I just got home from my first prenatal exam. I was nervous going into it as i have not particularly felt "pregnant" the MD confirmed my due date (as per my last u/s) and i am right where i thought.

She also measured me and i am right at 10-11 weeks :) then she tested for the baby's heart beat with a doppler...i was totally shocked when i heard the active little heart, tears came to my eyes.

The doctor then said we are okay to tell the world if we wish, so we did! holy facebook notifications!! :) everyone is just thrilled.

The only unfortunate thing, is my husband was unable to join me, he was heartbroken that he missed this milestone, but feels great to know he can come to my next appointment b/c the doctor said she will listen with the doppler each visit.

Hope everyone is doing well! this has turned out to be the best halloween yet! :)

Re: First Prenatal Went Amazing

• Options
    That is awesome! I bet next halloween will be even better!:)
  • Options
    That's so exciting! As hormonal/emotional as I am, I cried just reading about hearing baby's heartbeat, I don't know how you actually did it haha. Congratulations :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

you are too cute, i did cry when i heard it, but i bawled on the way home because my husband was soo sad he missed it...he said he is calling in sick for work for all of my appointments for now on. I felt terrible.

You ladies are amazing! stay well!

• Options
    Awww congrats! :D My first appt. is next Wednesday. I'm excited! Kinda waiting to see if my b/f will show up at the doc or not. He's still kinda getting used to the fact that I AM PREGNANT...so we'll see. Heck yea it's gonna be FB posting time after the doc. I have been keeping myself retrained...it aint easy! LOL
    Lilybug Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Next time- if hubby can't make it. Record the heartbeat sound on your phone so you can play it later, or you can video the ultrasound. My doctor is actually the one that suggested it!

Congrats and H&H9

TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Options

great idea :) i wish i could go back in time and record it :) oh well 4 more weeks until our next one! :)Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"