Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

NBR - Trying to find a new place vent

DH landed a job with IPS E-line up in Minot, ND. It's a lot of hard work (up to 18 hr days, 7 days a week), but the money is just too good to pass up. The potential to pull in $100K a year and totally get us out of debt so we can save up for the things we want and for a future for LO was way worth the sacrifice. However, the real sucky part is that DH is living in a hotel in Minot for the time being (he's been up there since the 23rd), so I get to play single mom until we can find a place that we can all live in. The problem is that there is NOTHING to rent in or around Minot thanks to the flooding, and the places that are available either don't allow pets and/or want to charge butt-tons of money for a tiny apartment (a lot of places are price gouging because of the flood).

I know it's only been a week since DH started this job and that a lot can change over the coming weeks, but the thought of our family being separate for a month or more just freakin' BLOWS. We're all having a hard time adjusting, and I'm trying everything to find a place for us so we can all be together again. He's already missing her first Halloween, and he may end up missing her first Christmas if we don't find something soon. Sad We're also trying to avoid having to move when it starts to really snow.

I know that this may be one hell of a long shot, but would any of you happen to know of a pet-friendly place that's available in the Minot, Surrey, or Burlington area of North Dakota? Our dogs are quiet and housebroken Chihuahuas, and we're willing to pay whatever for a deposit to keep our family together. We would prefer two or more bedrooms, but we'll take what we can get at this point.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR - Trying to find a new place vent

• Options
    I'll ask my friend who lives in Williston, but I don't know if she'll know anything... look for an ETA on this post
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm struggling with the same thing.  We're moving and finding a place for an infant (lots of places aren't deleaded) and that allow my dogs is a PITA!
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekxp004:
    I'll ask my friend who lives in Williston, but I don't know if she'll know anything... look for an ETA on this post

That would be awesome. Thank you!

• Options

imagekatie4253:
    I'm struggling with the same thing.  We're moving and finding a place for an infant (lots of places aren't deleaded) and that allow my dogs is a PITA!

Ugh...hope you guys find something soon!

• Options

DH got stationed at the Minot Air Force Base just over a year ago!  We actually had to get a place in Glenburn (25 miles north) b/c there was nothing in Minot (and this was before the flooding which has only made things worse!).  No one seems willing to take pets.  We're on the wait list for an on-base house now and that's taking forever too.

I am no help but I know exactly how you feel! And I didn't get pregnant until right after we moved in here so our place is waaaay too small!

• Options
    imagesunshine336:

DH got stationed at the Minot Air Force Base just over a year ago!  We actually had to get a place in Glenburn (25 miles north) b/c there was nothing in Minot (and this was before the flooding which has only made things worse!).  No one seems willing to take pets.  We're on the wait list for an on-base house now and that's taking forever too.

I am no help but I know exactly how you feel! And I didn't get pregnant until right after we moved in here so our place is waaaay too small!

Base housing always takes forever. Stick out tongue

We're willing to take just about anything as long as it's safe for DD and allows pets. Supposedly a bunch of new apartment complexes are opening up soon, but it's impossible to get any info on them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"