Pregnant after a Loss

U/S 5w6d Update

Hi guys,

Thanks for all of your support and warm welcomes.  I went to my ultrasound today at 5w6d.  There was a gestational sac, but no yolk sac.  She did see a tiny dot that, and I quote, "something in the making."  She seemed positive and said it was just too early.

Anyway, I'm really nervous because I thought there would be a yolk sac by 5w6d. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Danni

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: U/S 5w6d Update

• I only saw the sac at 5w4d as well. Went back at 7 weeks and there was a heartbeat. Everything sounds like where it should be. GL!
    Photobucket
    DD#1 9-4-04 *** DD#2 10-15-07
    BFP#3 10-25-10 *EDD 7/1/11 * missed m/c @ 13w3d
    BFP#4 7-30-11 *EDD 4/8/12 ~ DD#3 born 4/4/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • With this pregnancy, on 5w6d, the ultrasound only showed the gestational sac, so I was misdiagnosed with a blighted ovum.  A week later, there was a heartbeat, and the baby is growing well so far:)  

I know it's scary, but hang in there!! 

m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It's very common to see nothing so early (my old OB won't even do an u/s until 8 weeks, unless there's something wrong, because the variance in what you see in a 7-day period is huge.  Good luck, when do you go in for a follow-up?
  • Ditto to all of this.  Anything in the early 6 w and any 5 w range is really really early and it is totally normal not to see anything.  But hopefully in a week or so you will see a HB and all!!! Congrats and good luck!!
  • I had an u/s at 5w4d and the doc originally did it on the little u/s machine he wheeled in the room. With that he only saw a gestational sac. They sent me to the u/s room with the nice "better" machine and then they were able to see the yolk sac as well. Today (6w4d) we were able to see my precious baby and a beating heart Big Smile.
    photo bdbc37ab-659f-4535-a8f5-66664be1731a_zps374ee4f8.jpg photo 7d0cb52d-ff7e-47d2-9933-babc60eba056_zpsdfc01e83.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks everyone!  And, congrats jonathan257!  I'm getting a blood test tomorrow and another on Thursday.  Hopefully, I'll hear some good news ; )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"