Pregnant after a Loss

having a rough time today

I don't know how to make the scary thoughts stop. I lost three pregnancies, all in between 6-8 weeks. I am so far beyond that now but I just can't stop worrying I am going to lose this one too. So far, all has been text book. My baby boy is doing great and is perfectly healthy. But I can't shake the feeling that it is me... that I am going to fail him. Every twinge is the start of pre term labor, every nightmare is a sign that something is wrong.

I was doing better after my a/s two weeks ago. But after getting sick this weekend (I think I just overdid it and am totally fine now) I am a nervous wreck. I have had no cramps, no bleeding, absolutely no reason to think anything is wrong. It is literally all in my head. And I am so tired of being scared. I just want to enjoy the rest of my pregnancy....

PGAL is so tough sometimes. :(  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: having a rough time today

• (((hugs)))

I'm feeling the same way today.  My a/s is tomorrow and I'm really anxious about what is going on in there.  I keep telling myself to calm down, there's no reason to worry, but it still creeps up on me.

BFP#1: 3/9/11 Natural m/c: 3/21/11
    BFP#2: 7/21/11 DS born 3/23/12

BFP#3: 9/14/14 EDD 5/22/15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hugs back! I am sure everything will be perfect at your a/s tomorrow, I'll be thinking about you! Before we know it, March will be here and this will all be a distant memory. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hugs!!  Hang in there!  I hope tomorrow is easier for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I understand exactly. I am now 27 weeks, the farthest I have ever made it and if it is not one thing I get worried about it is another. ((hugs)) we are all in this together Hun. Have faith and try to enjoy each moment of your pregnancy. Try and keep your chin up and stay positive. Easier said than done I know. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • *HUGS*  I was firmly convinced I was going to lose my first son at any stage, even after birth, so I don't know if that paranoia ever goes away.  I think it's just a little more real once you're on the PgAL side.  Hang in there, and in just a couple handfuls of weeks you'll have your little poppet safe in your arms!
  • Big hug! PGAL definitely sucks.

Married August 9, 2008
    TTC Since September 2009

1st   BFP | EDD 10/23/10 | Natural M/C 03/27/10 | 10w 0d
    2nd BFP 06/26/10 | EDD 02/25/11 | Natural  M/C 07/17/10 | 8w 1d
    3rd  BFP 12/17/10 | EDD 08/24/11 | Natural M/C 12/31/10 | 7w 4d
    4th  BFP 06/22/11 | EDD 02/25/12 | M/C D&C on 07/27/11 | 9w4d
    5th  BFP 09/17/11 | DD Paige Lily born 05/16/12
    6th  BFP 08/11/12 | EDD 04/11/13 | CP
    7th  BFP 09/29/13 | EDD 06/04/14 | Natural M/C 10/27/13 | 8w1d
    8th  BFP 12/16/13 | EDD 09/01/14

DX: Pericentric Inversion of Chromosome 8 & compound heterozygous for MTHFR mutations
    RX: Lovenox/Heparin & Folgard

• PGAL is hard. I totally agree. Im at 20w3d, and I have this sense of impending doom, though no rational reason to feel this way. I've been calling my doc over everything, because I too worry that Im going to do or not do something that will end the pregnancy.

Im so sorry you are going through this too. I dont have a lot of advice but to let you know I know exactly how you feel. Im just trying to take one day at a time, if I think to the third tri, I get a little overwhelmed. One day is manageable to worry about.

::Hugs::

Missed m/c at 11.5wks, baby stopped developing at 9wks, D & C 12/10 ; BFP 6/11 EDD 3/16/11, DS born 40w1d at 6lbs 12 oz. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So sorry you are having such a difficult time today.  Unfortunately those days do come and go for all of us.  Just remember that you can enjoy your pregnancy and your little baby and still be scared and nervous.

It is ok to be nervous, it only means you love your LO and that you want to know LO is safe.  PGAL is hard and it doesn't get easier unfortunately.  I really hope you have an easier time of it tomorrow.  Hugs*

• Thanks ladies, it really helps to know I am not alone. Tomorrow will be better. One day at a time. Hugs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hug! PGAL is definitely a stressful ride. Hoping you have a better day tomorrow.
    Me: 39 DH: 35 - TTC #1 since October 2010
    BFP #1 2-1-11 Missed Miscarriage 3-14-11(9 wks)-D&C
    BFP #2 9-17-11 EDD 5-29-12
    Edward James born 3-14-12 weighing 1lb11oz at 29w1d via c section due to low fluid and growth restriction from crappy placenta.
    My BFP Chart
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers <a href="http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/sbphotos1/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"