Babies on the Brain
Options

I'm a little miffed

And I know it's not the end of the world but it's seems so odd to me.  My SIL has been in labor since 6 this morning.  BIL called DH around 10:30 to tell him but asked that we not say anything to my IL's because they didn't want them driving down ASAP. Fine.  They finally did find out and DH talked with FIL a few hours ago, commenting on how we were all wondering how it was going etc.  So people have been in contact and talking on the phone about the baby.

I just logged on to FB to find that FIL posted like 20 minutes ago that the baby was born an hour ago.  Now, I get that BIL has a lot going on and he obviously decided to only make one call and called his dad.  I get that.  But FIL jumps on FB to blab the news and doesn't even call us to tell us?  I hate FB. 

Formerly known as elmoali :)

Re: I'm a little miffed

• Options
    I'd be miffed too. FB sucks for stuff like that. FB is how I found out my sister was engaged.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mmmm...cake! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'd be peeved too. Like you said, if you can bother to get on FB you can bother to call, or even text. 
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

dude, I'd be miffed.

(my sis had the job of calling everyone else and the Mr. sent out  'group' text to the important people--that way there's no 'who called who' crap.  Texting is the way to go.

• Options
    That sucks! But, glad she had the baby. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It's not like they've got some giant family.  DH has two brothers.  That's two phone calls and I think that the two uncles deserved a phone call about their first nephew.  I know I'm being pissy but I just really hate that someone's first instinct is to jump on FB before caring that people who love them are waiting by the phone for the news. 
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"