TTC After a Loss

HSG advice

I think I know the basics of what is fixing to happen to my uterus tomorrow, but is there anything specifically you wish you had known or questions you had asked?  I am going to take ibuprofen about 30 min prior, wear loose fitting clothing, and will be armed with Always Infinity for any drainage (yuck!!!). 

I may be medically morbid, but I would really like to watch as well, did anyone have the option to watch if yours was done at a hospital radiology department?  I'm also hoping to get a brief run down afterwards, but I know that they may save that for my OB to cover. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: HSG advice

• I had mine at a hospital radiology dept. and of course my doc doing it was amazing HOT!! Of course, I get the HOT guy that I need to show my hooha to!! Awesome!! Anyway, he didn't let me watch per say, but I could see the monitor and after he was pretty awesome and showed me all the pics he took and what everything was, so I was less nervous when I finaly got to see my OB. He told me everything looked good and all was clear! Hopefully you get an awesome radiologist like I did!! I went back to work after cause all I had was minor cramping that subsided with extra strengh tylenol. Good luck to you! FX for great news! Keep us posted!! T&Ps coming your way!!  
    mommy to Lanie~5/23/06 and Brynn~2/5/08 BFP 1/20/11 emergency surgery 1/27/11 twins lost. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image imageimageimage ~*~*~PGAL/PAL Welcome~*~*~
  • I know nothing about it, I just wanted to wish you best of luck! 
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BFP 6/12/11, MMC@ around 9wks, D&C 8/23/11 at 12wks BFP#2 Jan 2012 CP 1/19/12 **Miss you baby*** PGAL/PAL Very Welcome For I know the plans I have for you,
  • Loading the player...
  • I took 800mg of Motrin 30 min before the exam. The cramping was noticeable and uncomfortable but not bad. My doctor was awesome. She explained everything to me as it was happening from start to finish and they put a screen in my view do that they could wxplain everything has I was seeing it happen. I noticed some spotting for a few days afterwords along with the fluid leakage.
  • You will be fine. i could see the screen and they walked me through every step of the way and I could see where the dye got stuck and they pushed it through...not comfy but def. glad they cleared the way! take some meds for after I got crampy during the day too.

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • No advice, just wanted to wish you luck! You will be in my T&Ps!

I had a lap and he gave me a DVD of it, pretty cool, but freaky :)

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No advice but just wanted to say that I hope it is all easy tomorrow and you get good info. T&P that you will rest well tonight.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Thanks Ladies.  I'm planning on getting a good nights sleep and then up at the crack of dawn.  Fingers crossed all goes well.
  • imagemarieinmonaco:

In my case, I am allergic to the radiopaque dye (had a bad reaction in the past), so the outpatient place I was supposed to go to told me that they could not do my HSG & that they recommended I go to a hospital setting instead. So in advance I had to arrange with my dr. for him to do my hsg with a saline solution instead of the radiopaque dye. I also had my sonohystegram (sp?!) and hsg done within the same appt. I had them done in the dr's office on a hospital campus - main hospital was next door. I had no painful cramps at all (likely b/c it was the saline solution & not the radiopaque dye). I also did not take an ibprofen ahead of time or anytime after. I had absolutely no pain. I was given 3 doxycyline to take (pm before procedure, 1 hr after procedure & pm after procedure). I bled right after the procedure through 3 days after the procedure (light bleeding that day then spotting for 2 days). I did get my results immediately after the procedure from my dr. w/the exception of the endometrial biopsy results which take a few days.

The main question I would have asked IF I had been able to use the radiopaque dye would have been if it was safe to TTC that cycle. I could not find much on the internet about this. Good luck tomorrow! I am sure you will be fine!

That's a really good point, thanks!!  I don't recall ever having a test that required this type of dye, I really hope I'm not allergic to it!.

• Good luck tomorrow...I had mine in May and got pg that cycle...It was not painful but the cramping was uncomfortable...they told me right there that everything was clear and normal....the only issue I had was my blood pressure dropped after the procedure so I had to stay until it went back up....that part was scary but other than that it was ok. I took tylenol before I went. You can't have sex for 24hrs after.

TTC since 7/10, BFP#1~6/28/11(4wks2d)~EDD 3/4/12, missed m/c(8wks)~8/12/11, D&C~8/16/11
    BFP#2~12/15/11~EDD 8/25/12, Hannah born 8/22/12~ 7lbs 10oz & 21 in. long. :)

BFP#3~1/12/14~EDD 9/23/14, Found out baby is a girl!~4/18/14 :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/34aafc/]My Ovulation Chart[/url] || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || [url=http;//www.
  • No advice, just good luck! 

I actually am having my HSG tomorrow too!

TTC since July 2010 BFP#1~5/8/11~~EDD 1/18/12~Natural M/C Confirmed 6/1/11 BFP#2~12/2/11 ~EDD 8/13/12~It's a girl!~Emma Grace born 8/12/12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I took my IBprofuren (800mg) only a half hour before and I wished afterward that I'd taken it earlier.  Mine was quite painful, but I've also heard that happens when there's blockages- plus I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to pain Embarrassed  Also, if you were planning on doing anything after, I would clear your schedule just in case.  I was most comfortable laying on the couch for quite some time afterwards. 

I did get to watch mine on the screen.  It was pretty neat to see!  I hope it goes well and give us an update when you get home. 

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Don't worry too much, although I know I was anxious myself.  I took 800 mg of advil about 45 mins before the procedure and it may have helped, but I also felt a lot of cramping AS it was happening - then I was totally fine afterwards.  When they put in the thing they have to inflate your uterus in order to see up into the tube, and that is the part with the most cramping for me.  The radiologist who did it told me right after that everything looked fine and we should be ok to try but to wait to hear it from my Dr.  My Dr called 2 days later, saying the same thing. Really though, don't worry!!!  It sucked during the 5 minutes that it was being done, but then was ok.

If you get the go ahead after good news from Dr, try right away!!!  I got preg right after my HSG!  GOOD LUCK!!!

• Hmm...I can't think of anything that I would have asked...

But good news is, I was able to watch the monitor & they told me the results right then and there!

Good luck tomorrow!!

~Jess & Mike May 12, 2007
    12.6.07 CP at 5w
    5.21.08 BO discovered at 7w, D&E at 8w3d
    8.31.08 CP at 4w5d
    BFP Sept 25, 2008 bfp buddy lkstor Landon born June 6, 2009
    3.25.11 missed m/c discovered at 9w6d, D&E at 10w2d
    4.28.11 MTHFR a1298c homozygous discovered
    4.2011 Began NaProTechnology
    10.12.11 Diagnosed with Type III Luteal Phase Defect
    10.2011 Starting hcg injections on 5, 7 & 9 dpo
    BFP 12.7.11 - EDD 8.14.12 - IT'S A BOY! Fruit Baby