Tennessee Babies

Antioch OBGYN?

I just moved to Antioch and I am not familiar with the area at all. I need to schedule my first prenatal appointment and I have no clue where to go or who to see. Any suggestions?

Re: Antioch OBGYN?

• I'm not exactly familiar with Antioch. However, I'm in Smynra and have been seeing a doctor at Stonecrest Hosp. He's OK... Staff is great. I hear MTMC is wonderful... it'll be a 25-30minute drive for you, but it might be the worth the drive. Otherwise, I hear Nashville doctors (Baptist, specifically) is the way to go.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'll recommend my doctor (but she's in Nashville).

Dr. Susan Mackey w/ Women's Associates of Nashville
    on Murphy Ave which is very near Centennial Women's Hospital and Baptist Hospital
    She also delivers at Vanderbilt Hospital if your insurance covers it.

All three of those hospitals have level 3 NICUs if that's important to you...

I've always felt very comfortable with her - I don't feel rushed out and she's willing to answer my questions.

She's in an all women practice.

• Loading the player...
  • I can recommend in Nashville as well, again not far from Antioch.  Dr. Amanda Barrett with Women's Obstetrics at Baptist 615-340-4655.  She delivers at Baptist or Centennial which are both great.  I LOVE HER!  She is actually new for me as my previous dr was a complete idiot.  My first visit with her, at 16 weeks, took 2 1/2 hours because she took the time to explain a million things to me and go over stuff that my previous dr failed to do, even simple blood work.  Again, I really do like her!  The hours are a little more strict than my previous dr's office but I'm willing to work that if that's the price I have to pay for getting an awesome dr...no early early appointments, and no real late ones either, 8-4(ish).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Most ob's are not scheduling until mid october and november I suggest the Franklin rd. womens health center there connected with Vanderbilt which is an amazing hospital I just re located back to nashville/antioch and have had the run arounds with ob's
  • imagebabymamamays2011:
    Most ob's are not scheduling until mid october and november I suggest the Franklin rd. womens health center there connected with Vanderbilt which is an amazing hospital I just re located back to nashville/antioch and have had the run arounds with ob's

I don't agree with this.  Unless you consider that "mid October" is only 2 weeks away - which I think is an acceptable time frame for being seen unless it's an emergency situation.
    November though - no; that's ridiculous.

I don't schedule my next appointment until I'm leaving my current appointment.
    I'm at the time in my pregnancy where I go every two weeks.  There is no reason why a new patient shouldn't be able to be seen in the same 2 week time frame as me.

Now considering the original poster is at the start of her pregnancy, most doctors will push her off until 8 weeks past her last menstrual cycle.  (Frankly, any sooner than this and there is not much to see/do other than having her pee in a cup to confirm the pregnancy which I imagine she has done at home on a stick.)  But this is unique to her situation of "first prenatal appointment."

• It's not Antioch, but I see Dr. Carolyn Thompson in Hermitage. She just moved to Centennial, though. While I like her just fine as a GYN, once I'm pregnant, I may not use her as my OB since I would prefer to deliver at Vandy or Baptist.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Like I said I just moved back here as well and have had the run arounds out the ying yang and seriously just now getting an apointment with an actual ob and the only reason I just now got a apointment with an actual ob not a midwife was because of the hospital every doctor except for one has not been able to schedule a "new patient" until begining november late october I've been up here for 2 months and it has tooken me this long to get a damn apointment.  So yes this is true and I have witnesses for this; unless there is some magical ob that all of a sudden can except new patients right now than your in luck but as many ob's I have called over and over again and have had the run arounds I am noi lieing I tell the straight up truth I wouldn't say it if I didn't know.
  • I live in Antioch too! Just found out im 4 wks pregnant. I picked Dr. Jabusch from Tenn Women's Care in Hermitage. When i moved here 5 yrs ago from...India of all places..i had no idea who to pick as a Gynecologist/OBGYN and i just picked her out of the phone book.LOL Best decision ever!!!

She took care of me right from the beginning even though she was a total stranger and i love her bedside manner! She has always been very understanding and also firm when i needed to be convinced. 

I have had 2 miscarriages and through both of them she was so kind and informative and helped me understand things when they didnt make sense and was so encouraging!! 

I highly recommend her!

Me:32 Hubby:33 TTC #1 3 miscarriages Dec 4, 2009, April 12, 2010 Dec 9, 2011 Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"