Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Which Halloween candy are you treating yourself with today :)?

I'm dealing with my grief, sadness, and cramps by eating all of the fun size Reese's peanut butter cups out of the bag of candy I bought to give the neighborhood kids :). The poor kids who come around tonight are going to be left with only Snickers and Milky Ways!

Anyone else treating yourself :)?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Which Halloween candy are you treating yourself with today :)?

• Haha, great post!  I've been sneaking pieces of Halloween candy all week.  We got a variety bag of chocolate at Costco and I've been eating Reese's, Twix, Milky Way, and Kit Kat bars.  I actually worried I ate too much so I picked up a small bag of Butterfingers this morning just in case. Wink
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLivingItUpInUP:
    Haha, great post!  I've been sneaking pieces of Halloween candy all week.  We got a variety bag of chocolate at Costco and I've been eating Reese's, Twix, Milky Way, and Kit Kat bars.  I actually worried I ate too much so I picked up a small bag of Butterfingers this morning just in case. Wink

LOL, we have the same Costco bag!!! 

• Loading the player...
  • I didn't buy any this year because I didn't want to be tempted while at home.  At work is a different story.  Some lady has candy on her desk year round - dangerous!  I just had a tootsie roll pop.  If it weren't the last one in there, I'd go back for another!
    Married since 7/25/2009
    BFP #1 9/25/2011 | EDD 6/1/2012 | M/C 10/26/2011 at 8w6d
    BFP #2 3/13/2012 | EDD 11/23/2012
    9DPO hcg: 45; Prog: 41 | 14DPO hcg: 694 | 17DPO hcg: 2733 | 28DPO hcg: 53,006
    First u/s 4/13 showed a beating heart! Second u/s 5/2 showed a HB of 163! Let's GROW, baby!
    He's here! Kellen born 11/16/12 - 8 lbs 8 oz 22 inches long via scheduled c-section (breech baby, gestational diabetes mama)
  • Candy? Exactly! I'm waiting for the bad cramps to begin, so I'm looking at those Reese's cups and the chocolate cupcakes left over from my husband's and my birthday celebrations this past weekend (yep, birthdays and a blighted ovum - happy birthday to US!). If we don't laugh, we all go insane, right??
  • I havent bought any yet, only my neices and nephews come over because we live out in the country.  I have to go out and at least buy them something.

I am allergic to 99% of all Halloween candy so there is no splurging here. 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageABC7282:
    Candy? Exactly! I'm waiting for the bad cramps to begin, so I'm looking at those Reese's cups and the chocolate cupcakes left over from my husband's and my birthday celebrations this past weekend (yep, birthdays and a blighted ovum - happy birthday to US!). If we don't laugh, we all go insane, right??

You are kidding, it happened on your birthday? That is AWFUL.  I am so sorry.  I guess birthdays can only go up from here, huh?  (p.s., thanks for joining in the laughs, black humor always gets me through the bad times). 

• I have not opened the candy yet because I know I will attack it. I have big plans for eating numerous Reeses cups and Butterfingers. 
    August 2015 January Siggy: Favorite Mean Girl

*BFP #1 9/10/11 Natural m/c 11/1/11 at 11 weeks, 5 days*
    *Diagnosed as unexplained infertility*
    *BFP #2 12/6/14 after IUI#2 Hopeful! EDD 8/14/15*

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm a big believer in taking these life moments with humor. We had about a week's notice that this surprise positive test might not be a true pregnancy. So, when I started bleeding on Friday, I pretty much knew that my body was doing its thing. Yep, my birthday was Saturday and the husband's was Sunday -- the universe sure has a way of showing us who is boss. We have had a truly blessed life, but when things go bad or get crazy, they seem to do so ALL at once. So when this happened, we shook our heads and said to ourselves, "of COURSE."

So this Halloween (one of my favorite times of year, OF COURSE) will definitely be spent with take out and leftover cupcakes and possibly a yet-to-be-ordered bag of Halloween candy on the DH's way home from work ;)

• i've had all of them. or near enough that it makes no matter. for the last week, i think i ate more chocolate than i have in the last two, maybe three months combined... and i'm already a chocolate fiend.

we don't even get trick-or-treaters and we bought a box of mini chocolates... and will likely buy more when they're on sale tomorrow. ha! 

• imageABC7282:
    Candy? Exactly! I'm waiting for the bad cramps to begin, so I'm looking at those Reese's cups and the chocolate cupcakes left over from my husband's and my birthday celebrations this past weekend (yep, birthdays and a blighted ovum - happy birthday to US!). If we don't laugh, we all go insane, right??

OMG I also found out the day before my b-day that I had blighted Ovum.  I was glad I told the lady I didn't want the appointment on my birthday. 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No candy, but a container of Ben and Jerrys Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream.  I saw it at the store to day and figured I had a bad month and I deserved it.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imageLeighRiehm:
    No candy, but a container of Ben and Jerrys Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream.  I saw it at the store to day and figured I had a bad month and I deserved it.

You should put some candy on top, you deserve that too :)

• Oh yes!  One of my students gave me a carmel covered apple and I already ate half of it.  Saving the rest for later!  Happy Halloween. :]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"