Trying to Get Pregnant

Not temping - will I regret this?

This is cycle #8 for me and we have had a lot of family stuff going on the last two weeks.  I haven't been staying at my house, I haven't been waking up at my normal time, ... and I haven't been temping.  I kind of like being free of my BBT but think I may regret it in a week when I will have to wonder if I O'd or not.

If you ever took a month off from temping was it a relief? Or did it stress you out not knowing what was happening?

”text”image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Not temping - will I regret this?

• I just wanted to say GL this cycle! This is actually my 4th cycle 1st time temping so I can't answer if easier on the mind. I will say since temping this week seems not to bad.
    Married BF 6/29/2002/
    TTC Since Aug 2011/
    ME:34 all clear/DH:41 DX Severe MFI/
    IVF w/ICSI OCT 2012 Stims started 10/8/ER 10/19/12/ET 10/24/Beta#1 11/2=BFN (beta was 1.2)

IVF 2.0-Baseline 11/7/12 beta 0/All Clear
    Stim start 11/7/12//ER 11/19 11M//10F
    ET 2 embies 11/24//Beta#1 28 Beta #2 23 Beta#3 29
    stop meds Beta#4 37/C/P 5W5D EDD:8/12/13/IVF#3 in Jan

Ivf 3-frozen 3 poor 3day/fet=bfn

Ivf#4 New dr. New protocol=beta1 197 beta#2 677 beta#3 1557
     u/s 8/13 =TWINS 2 strong hb
    Due Date 4/4/14

My Chart//>

• I have taken a month off and I think I am planning on taking this next month off too.  It is a relief to me.  The only thing we are doing this cycle is OPK's and maybe some preseed.  We'll see. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I took 6 months off but I also was not TTC. At first I hated not knowing what was going on but I got over that quickly. I think not temping one cycle here and there might be good for keeping a person sane.

I just started temping again and I am excited about confirming O and TTC again but I am such a light sleeper that once my alarm goes off (5:30 am) I can't really get back to sleep. I have to do it at that time because that is when DH goes to work and I always wake up to his alarm.

party-fails-crunk-critters-catnips-a-hell-of-a-drug GBCB- Leaving the bump in protest of the new changes. No privacy= no bump for me.
  • I am debating this very same thing for next month. We will be on vacation (out of the country with no internet) for 10 days, home for 7 then out of town for the holidays staying with my parents. I know I will probably regret it but I really just want a stress free month to enjoy my family, vacation and the holidays! GL to you!
    TTC our first Navy baby! Me:27 DH:30, together since 8/2003, Married on 7/2006
    9/26/10 stopped BCP and started TTC.
    9/2011 referred to RE. All blood work normal and DH's SA=normal results
    11/2011 HSG=both tubes clear
    One natural (monitored) cycle of Clomid, 50mg 2/2012= BFN
    Getting ready for first IUI, 3/2012 received orders to Japan! (postponed IUI)
    5/2012 Moved to Japan, fought Tricare for months over referral (no fertility treatment on our military base) for Japanese RE out in town!
    8/2012 Started seeing new RE
    9/2012, post coital test= hostile cervical fluid, (finally) moving on with first IUI!
    9/29/2012 IUI #1+trigger= BFN
    10/27/2012 IUI #2+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    11/28/2012 IUI #3+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    12/28/2012 IUI#4+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger=BFN
    2/1/2013 IUI#5+injectables+trigger=BFN
    3/2013 IUI#6+injectables+trigger=???
  • Thanks for the well wishes ladies and GL to all of you too!

I do enjoy temping and knowing what is going on but I keep thinking that a break may be nice.  I may just try it out and see what I think.

”text”image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm a day behind you on Cycle #8 as well.  I stopped temping after 3 months because it was causing me to stress way more about TTC than it should have.  I even stopped OPKs eventually.  This, of course, isn't for everyone but for me I felt like a weight was lifted.  I did everything I could to speed up the process but I started to realize this is pretty much beyond my control - whether I do all or nothing!  See how you feel taking a month off, but don't beat yourself up thinking you set yourself back by not temping.  

Here's to lucky cycle #8 for both of us!!  

BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC since 3/2011
    BFP #1: 11/23/2011 EDD: 8/8/2012 c/p: 11/28/2011
    BFP #2: 3/7/2012 EDD: 11/17/2012
  • This is my second month not temping and I am still loving it. I do miss seeing what my temps were doing but I love not obsessing over it anymore and not worrying about every single temp. I would get so frustrated if I had a dip, then a high temp, followed by another dip. Right now I am only using OPKs. 

I do think it's nice to confirm O but I have a lot of OPKs so I continue to use them even after I get a positive, just to make sure I don't get another surge and miss it. I'll probably continue this for a few more months, if we aren't successful then I might go back to temping....we shall see.

GL on your decision! :) 

imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • If you glance at my chart this month you can see that I wasn't temping. I happen to be having a month with ABSOLUTELY NO cm and it was driving me crazy having o help figuring out what was happening. Needless to say I started temping this morning.
  • imageNJtoMD2011:

I'm a day behind you on Cycle #8 as well.  I stopped temping after 3 months because it was causing me to stress way more about TTC than it should have.  I even stopped OPKs eventually.  This, of course, isn't for everyone but for me I felt like a weight was lifted.  I did everything I could to speed up the process but I started to realize this is pretty much beyond my control - whether I do all or nothing!  See how you feel taking a month off, but don't beat yourself up thinking you set yourself back by not temping.  

Not sure why I always think that it's so cool that others are right were I am!  Good luck to you too! I usually O early so we probably won't be lined up for long. I'm glad to hear not temping has relieved some stress for you!

”text”image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageDemoDoll:

This is my second month not temping and I am still loving it. I do miss seeing what my temps were doing but I love not obsessing over it anymore and not worrying about every single temp. I would get so frustrated if I had a dip, then a high temp, followed by another dip. Right now I am only using OPKs.

I do think it's nice to confirm O but I have a lot of OPKs so I continue to use them even after I get a positive, just to make sure I don't get another surge and miss it. I'll probably continue this for a few more months, if we aren't successful then I might go back to temping....we shall see.

GL on your decision! :)

This sounds familiar Smile.  I think I will continue OPKs too so that I don't feel completely in the dark!

imageMrsPiz053009:
    If you glance at my chart this month you can see that I wasn't temping. I happen to be having a month with ABSOLUTELY NO cm and it was driving me crazy having o help figuring out what was happening. Needless to say I started temping this morning.

It looks like you are still early and (hopefully) haven't missed O yet. Good luck!

imageSaltylove:

Hmmm, I think every one is different. I am definitely regretting not temping consistently in the first few weeks of this cycle,because I am pretty sure I O'd early and missed it. (sparing you the details because I've whined enough about it in the waiting to O and Monday B!tchfest threads).

Good luck this cycle!

Oh no, that's not good!  I didn't check your chart yet - hopefully you had good timing earlier or your O is still coming! 

My cycle has been pretty predictable lately so hopefully I won't have any surprises this time!

”text”image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It totally drove me nuts when I took a break.  For the first couple of weeks, it was liberating.  Then, when my always-oh-so-regular O did not come around (based on OPKs and CM), I was freaking out for four days.  I did not know when to test or when to expect AF and I could not stand it.

That said, it was also my BFP cycle.  GL to you!  Just take it in stride, one day at a time and try to stay relaxed. 

We love you baby - m/c - 09/10/2011
  • I took this month off and I honestly regret it. I tend to over think and stress and I have found that knowing exactly where I am at in my cycle has helped. Not knowing where I am at this month is killing me.. I do not even know what DPO I am Tongue Tied!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • GL this cycle!  I started temping mid-cycle this last time because I was getting stressed having NO idea what was going on.  JMHO.

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• imagekatiebug58:
    imageNJtoMD2011:

I'm a day behind you on Cycle #8 as well.  I stopped temping after 3 months because it was causing me to stress way more about TTC than it should have.  I even stopped OPKs eventually.  This, of course, isn't for everyone but for me I felt like a weight was lifted.  I did everything I could to speed up the process but I started to realize this is pretty much beyond my control - whether I do all or nothing!  See how you feel taking a month off, but don't beat yourself up thinking you set yourself back by not temping.  

Not sure why I always think that it's so cool that others are right were I am!  Good luck to you too! I usually O early so we probably won't be lined up for long. I'm glad to hear not temping has relieved some stress for you!

I'm a later O'er (not until around day 19) so you are lucky!!  Smile

BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC since 3/2011
    BFP #1: 11/23/2011 EDD: 8/8/2012 c/p: 11/28/2011
    BFP #2: 3/7/2012 EDD: 11/17/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"